Making Power Profile Icons

July 26, 2004 11:25:36 AM

Is there any way to link a power profile to a desktop
icon so I can change the profile just by clicking the
icon?
Thanks.
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 2:38:42 PM

| "Bob A" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| wrote in message news:419601c4731c$6af339e0$a601280a@phx.gbl
| Is there any way to link a power profile to a desktop icon so I can
| change the profile just by clicking the icon? Thanks.

Not sure. However, if you add the power icon to the notification
area of the taskbar you can click on the power icon, then select
a different power management setting.

To add the icon:

In Control Panel click Performance and Maintenance if you use
Category View; else click Power Options. Click the Advanced tab.
Select the Always show icon on the taskbar check box.
!