Looking to sell old gaming PC - unsure of worth

azulleyfire77

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
I could really use some advice here. I am at a loss, I am constantly moving and cannot keep lugging my desktop around. I would like to "downgrade" to a Laptop but unsure of my computers value. I purchased it around three years ago from Ibuypower, back when they had some pretty unique stuff.

Since then I have replaced and upgraded the video card. I am thinking about leaving the hard drive out of the sale it will just be easier for me. Perhaps you guys can help me estimate the worth?

Purchase price $1700 without software/monitor & acc.

Specs as of now:

Case : ( Raidmax Ninja-918 ATX Mid-tower Case w/650W Power Supply Black )
with neon blue lighting
Processor : ( [Socket-775] Intel® Pentium-4 Processor 670 [3.8GHz, 2MB Cache, 800MHz FSB, 64-Bit + HT Ready] )

Processor cooling : Liquid cooling

Motherboard ( [DDR2] ECS C19-A SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0 Dual PCI-E MB )

Memory ( [Req.DDR2 MainBoard] 1024MB (512MB x2) DDR2-667 PC5300 Memory Corsair-Value )

Video Card : ( NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT )

Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )

I guess thats about all I know.

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
It sucks how you bought it for 1,700 and now it is only worth around 300. :\
The same think happened to me. That is why I keep my system updated. I find an outdated part (not to old but not the newest) and sell it before it gets way to old. Then I buy a new part that costs around the same price I sold for (I add around 50 or so dollars) but I make sure the performance is equivalent or even better :)