2x8gb memmory on Z77 boards

potolip

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
i have a build on the incomming. but i got a mail from my suplier that they didnt have the memmory i ordered in stock at the moment

on the compability list for my MoBo i se only two 8gb sticks supported, Corsair 4x8 and a Patriot g2 2x8 versions.
those two are out of stock at the shop

im looking for anyone with the Asus p8z77-v models that has first hand experiance

im thinking the the Kingston Hyper-X blu red will work, but i cant seem to find any confirmation on that by Asus,
and only a small reasurance from kingston. saying all their memmories work in diffrent confugurations of pairs up to 32gb

i would apreciate fast replys because it friday tomorrow and i would want them to ship the parts before the weekend

potolip

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012

thanx.. but...

Is this first hand experiance?

i want 2x8 1600mhz and i want to upgrade fairley soon to 32..

and i cant get why it is compatible with corsair or patriot 8gb at 1600mhz.. i mean its just a memmory stick

thats is why im looking for anyone with experiance of this, i mean anyone buying one of these Mobos must have encountered similar issues when choosing memmory

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Sorry but I do not have that board, hopefully someone who does can chime in as well. If i did have that board I wouldn't worry so much about the compatibility list, if you purchase some ram and find that its not working then check the list and see if it is supported.

Most of the time you will not have any problems (this was a much bigger issue with older motherboards but not so much an issue now).

potolip

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
this MoBo has a feature called MemOK!

if someone that has used it can tell me if it is a gimick or if it acctualy works

if it does i dont see why i couldnt use any memmory

secronz

Dec 31, 2001

I have the p8z77-v and i can vouch for the mem Ok button working for my Corsair vengeance 2x8 GB 1600mhz, however, it does have an anoying habit of downclocking the memory to 1333mhz.