Working CPU Temperature Monitor

Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
So,
My BIOS reads my E6600 as running at about 30 degrees. Everest reads it at 1 degree. FreshStart reads it at 50+ degrees. Does anybody have a different CPU temperature monitoring program that will tell me exactly what my E6600's temperature is from my desktop? It would really be helpful for my overclocking.

Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
Thanks for the link, that really cleared up some issues regarding temperature.

I installed Speedfan, Thermal Analysis Tool (TAT), and a program that I found called Core Temp. Core Temp is set up simpler than Speedfan, and supplies the CPU temperature, which is all I need.

Under 100% utilization with TAT, I get 50C or a bit below. According to your post, this is not too high, yet. I kind of thought it would be a bit lower with my Freezer 7, though. I'm only .1GHz about stock with my E6600.

Blah.

Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
My normal ambient (room temp) is usually 15-20C. Where I'm at right now, it's probably 20C-25C. My case is 40C here.

Maybe I should get some better case fans. My 120MM exhaust fan sucks, and my intake fan is OK. I'll put a fan on the side of my case when I get home, but all I have is a case fan, too. Any recommondations for a good case fan? And by the way, should the fan on the side of my case blow out or in?

One question though...does TAT display the Tjunction temperatures or the Tcase? I'm pretty sure Tjunction, because there's two readings and the temperature is more to my thinking that way, but I'd like to be 100% sure. I read your post, but might have missed the answer.

That way I'd be a good ways within the temperature parameters of "Normal," and safe to overclock some more. Even without the fan I plan on adding.

I was looking at my TAT readings earlier, and looking on the left side of the collumn below. :oops:

Tcase/Tjunction

--70--/--85--85-- Shutdown
--65--/--80--80-- Throttle
--60--/--75--75-- Hot
--55--/--70--70-- Warm
--50--/--65--65-- N
--45--/--60--60-- O
--40--/--55--55-- R
--35--/--50--50-- M
--30--/--45--45-- A
--25--/--40--40-- L

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Those are wide variations for ambient, and what you've described is 15c - 25c = 59f - 77f. It's important to be precise, so remember that 1c = 1.8f. Also, a side fan should be intake, and just so you're 100% certain, yes, TAT displays the temps of each core, which are Tjunctions. When you test, be sure to follow the Guide by using the setup shown under "Testing" then post the information using "Results" and "Variables".

Hope this helps,

Comp 8)

hopkiller

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
quick question becuase i just found this speedfan says mine is running at 50 degrees C each core is that ok im only using the stock cooler later im going to buy a good CPU cooler

the-devo

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Hello! I'm glad I found this SpeedFan thing.
For me it says:
GPU: 49C
Ambient: 38C
Remote 1: 46C
Remote 2: 1C
HD0: 32C
Temp1: 22C
Core: 53C
Ambient: 0C

How is this? Is this very bad?
Well, I guess my core must be too hot, since 53C does not sound like a friendly temp. but I think that's my video card, since the program mentioned "core" somewhere else too, and in the same row, but in another column, it said something about nVidia.. So I think it must be my video card. If not, and it is actually my CPU, then I better get a good CPU cooler as damn fast as possible.

Also, does any of you recommend water cooling systems? My friend used one, but it broke, and filled up quarter of his computer with water, but it was his fault. Would any of you recommendit to you?

the-devo

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Damn, sorry. It's like almost 2AM here, and haven't slept for days.. so I meant to ask:

"Would any of you recommend water-cooling to me?"