Mathosiabane

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
How this build would go. It's under 4 grand AMD gaming machine.

Will be using it for online gaming and overclocking.

Here goe's.

01: Antec Twelve Hundred Gaming Case
02: Corsair HX-750 Power Supply
03: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard
04: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T CPU
05: Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler
06: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb Memory Ram
07: Corsair Air Flow Pro Memory Ram Cooler
08: Western Digital Veloci Raptor 600GB HD
09: LG BH10LS30 BLU-RAY Combo Drive
10: Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC2 2GB
11: Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC2 2GB
12: Samsung 2333HD 23" 5ms Full HD
13: Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
14: Logitech G9x Laser Gaming Mouse
15: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
16: Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security
17: Netgear WNDR3700 Rangemax Router

Well, there is the list. The 6970's are in crossfire mode, that's why I added twice.

The power supply thinks HX-750 will be powerful enough for the dual cards and overclocking abilities according to the corsair website company, or other wise I can upgrade it to the HX-850 power supply just to be safe from bottlenecking issue.

I will be upgrading the new cpu, when it comes out.

I will be greatly appreciate your answers on this ultimate amd/ati gaming machine for under 4 grand budget. Thank you.

Mathosiabane.

AMD X6850

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
I think a SSD + Large HDD would be better than a single Veloci Raptor.
More space with the large HDD and better performance with the SSD. Don't know if its cheaper.
How much is the Veloci Raptor?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Everyone has an 'improvement' , huh? I think you put together a very good high end system. My Amd Phenom II x4 980BE uses the same board (just got it) and somewhat less powerful HD 6850s in Crossfire. 8GB memory in a Coolermaster HAF 912 case. No game is too much at 1920x1080 at max settings. But yours is another magnitude above. Can I ask why, with all you've spent, you settled on a 750W PSU? It'll do the job, but if those 2 HD 6970s ever do manage to stress out, the 750 will only be marginal. You may want to check your system's power requirements against a good calculator like http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp Other than that minor critique, a very impressive system.

As stated many times here on Tom's if you plan on gaming, and you're stuck on AMD, the quad cores do a better job. I have built several fairly good machines over the past 10 years and have gone with what gets the job done best for a reasonable price. To an AMD die hard, Intel is a dirty word yet they do have the edge right now in performance. You don't seem shy about spending some money, so have you considered the "other guys"? If you won't consider them I think I'd be waiting for BD before I spent that kind of money. Seriously, an OCed i5-2500K will do a much better job than a hex core fpr gaming. You won't need 16 GB either.
-Bruce

+1

AMD X6850

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
He said he's "upgrading the new cpu, when it comes out" so I assume he'll be putting a Bulldozer in when it comes out.

Since it's not so far away (October 10th? if it doesn't get delayed again), you should wait and get a Bulldozer straight away.

You forgot to add "Get a Bulldozer right away if the benchmarks are any good"

Who knows...it could be a total flop.

morgoth780

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011

hmm...still think i5 or i7 would be better, but wait isn't a bad option

Mathosiabane

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Cool, thank you for quick reply.

I think I'll add the HX-850 power supply according to few people recommended.

If the "Bulldozer" come's out on the 10th, that'll be cool and it is 32nm chip. I might as well wait till then, if it works out.

I might prefer the AMD/ATI build due to the price/performance ratio and the technology is not so fast like intel is. They are forever making them and are very high price especially if there are so many issue's with chip. Of course AMD can have the same problem too.

I prefer quality over price rushing company. I just hope it is still very fast pc especially for online gaming.

Thank you to reply's and I appreciate it.

All the best.

Mathosiabane.

Mathosiabane

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
The 15K RPM is out on Seagate Cheetah.

Is 300GB is all they have, if so, may be I should swap out the hard drive too, while I'm at it.

How reliable are they and I know it's faster than Veloci Raptor.

What do you think?

Thank you.

Mathosiabane

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
I think it works out to be over 4K in total, oh well. I hope it goe's well.

Super speed AMD/ATI gaming machine. Hell, it's a beast one.

At least I think it is. What's you're rating on this machine before I make my final decision.

Thank you all for you're reply's and in put's on this build and you're suggestions.

Mathosiabane.

PS (I'm sure you might know where this name came from.)

Just fooling.

Thank you.

Mathosiabane

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
I stopped reading at thuban lol..

Don't expect help from me with that response.

I don't need your help or your fighting words.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Take you're trouble else where,
you're not welcome here.

You brought you're troubles here and you're subject is getting a quite a bit
off subject here. So cya...

Mathosiabane

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Any one wants to give me some answers about the hard drive or should go with Veloci Raptor and PLEASE vote you're rating for this PC build.

Buying time, about mid next week when the"Bulldozer" come's out.
If it doe's happen.

Thank you.

Mathosiabane.

Mathosiabane

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
OK.

This thread of buying new pc is getting beyond the joke now.

I can't understand why you people come to this forum and asking about the pc builds and other things.

It's a waste of time...

Thank you.

I am reconsidering the X58 build instead. The X79 from my point of view of designed motherboards looks crap to me and according to the benchmarks of the X79 compared to the X58 is about 40% increase performance.

So, the X58, would be the way to go.

No one seems to be interested in the amd/ati build.

"NOOBS" just like every one is...

I'm not sure what your beef is. Your first post is a build with a cpu that hasn't even been benched yet...it could be a hit, or it could be a dog...nobody knows until those benchmarks are posted. Worse is nobody knows when the BD is going to be released. Peeps on here have been saying "two more weeks" since last January.

Then in this post your talking about a X58 build which is a dead socket. If you look at the gaming builds in this forum, I would say 95+% of them are Sandy Bridge builds and that's for a reason. At the moment they are top dog. Easy to o/c, they run cool, and they mop the floor with anything out there atm.

It's like this, if you plan on racing a car, do you want a fast car or a slower car than the competition? It's pretty much cut and dry. Now if your into an enthusiast build...a build that looks great, cost a lot, yet doesn't always get top performance compared to more practical builds...then "guru3D" forums would probably be something for you to check out. But here most of the gaming builds are mainly the best performance for the budget.

As far as the build you posted in the OP...drop the RAM cooler, drop the Raptor, get a 1TB h/d and an SSD. Also switch out that 750w psu for a 850w psu and your good to go.

Mathosiabane

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Ok. I made my final decision.

So here it is. Well to bad to those people who has insult me on this pc build, typical
smart asses wannabe's...

Antec Twelve Hundred Window GAMING ATX Full Tower Case $219.00
Corsair AX-850 850W Modular 80PLUS Gold ATX Power Supply $279.00
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 990FX SLI DDR3 AM3+ ATX Motherboard $185.00
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE 3.3GHz Six Core Processor AM3 CPU $223.00
Corsair CWCH100 2011/1366/1155/775/AM3/AM2 Liquid CPU Cooler $169.00
Corsair Vengeance 16Gb (4x4Gb) 1600MHz DDR3 1.5V RAM Memory $169.00
Corsair AirFlow Pro Dual Fan with LED Memory Ram Cooler $75.00
Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC2 2GB DDR5 HDMI DP PCI-E Video Card $409 x2
Western Digital VelociRaptor 600GB SATA Enterprise Hard Disk $399.00
Samsung SH-B123L 12x Blu-ray DVDRW Combo SATA Optical Drive $89.00
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Full Version $269.00
Samsung 2333HD 23" 5ms Full HD HDMI TV Speakers LCD Monitor $362.00
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard USB With LCD $199.00
Logitech G9x Laser Corded Gaming Mouse 5700 DPI $149.00
Netgear WNDR3700 Rangemax Dual Band Wireless-N Router $177.00

Subtotal $3,781.00

Go and chew your tongue on it, like it or leave it. I made my final decision.

I'll be upgrading to the new AMD Bulldozer 32nm chip when it come's out.

Happy gaming and hunting for you're ultimate gaming machine.

Cheers and good luck...

Take note: I am buying this from Digital Star Computers in Sydney, Australia.
That's why post this in this first place. But for got to mention where from.

My apology for any of this concern.

Mathosiabane.

Mathosiabane

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011

Hello and thank you for you're kind words here and I thank you for trying to help me out a bit.

I did swap over the power supply to the 850w as it would seem beneficial to handle the system a lot better.

As for SSD, I'm not sure about it as I had few major issue with the defective SSD from Corsair 120GB Force 3 series.

Only because of the computer store sold us a defective product and hoping to go back to the shop after the dealings at the fair trading today.

The WD 1TB Caviar Black is what I am using at the moment, very impressive with no issue so far.
But so far, would only want 1 hard drive as it for gaming storage and for the system. WD has been good to us this far.

I thank you for you're help here in Tom's Hardware forum. Most have fairly slack in repsect for the newbies like me.

Mathosiabane.

tecmo34

Administrator
Please stay on topic with recommendations on the build (examples how it could be better)... NOT "Wasting Money... Troll... etc...".

@Mathosiabane.... Though there has been many off topic post, there are some valuable options to look to improve your build... example either the Core i7 2600K or wait for Bulldozer (most say Oct. 12th). As a user of both a SSD and VRaptor, take my recommendation and go with the SSD (Crucial m4)!!

Mathosiabane

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
Thank you sir.

I really appreciated you're help.

Thank you.

All though my topic was not off topic. I am just as equall to every one else here on the forum. You can't tell there are favouritism threads on the gaming machines.

I will let you know about late next week to tell you what we have bought if all goe's well today.

I have considered the Asus Thunderbolt motherboard instead of Gigabyte motherboard and all the rest is still the same spec. The cpu Bulldozer, I might just as well wait till it come's out next week, if that's the case. If not out yet, then I'll go with the 1100T and then upgrade it.

As far SSD goe's, I don't trust it. So I still with the Veloci Raptor model instead.

Thank you to you all for you're inputs and patients on this subject.

I appreciate you're help and the suggestions.

Thank you.

Mathosiabane.