Using BT phone as speaker & mic

Hi there

Im looking for an app that will let my Nokia 6310i be the speaker & mic for
windows. I'd like to be able to use BT to connect to my BT laptop, then use
messenger to make IP phone calls.

Any ideas?

Frank
4 answers Last reply
More about using phone speaker

    In article <chhamk$pc1$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk>, Frank Cornelissen
    <frank@cornelissen.co.nz> writes
    >Hi there
    >
    >Im looking for an app that will let my Nokia 6310i be the speaker & mic for
    >windows. I'd like to be able to use BT to connect to my BT laptop, then use
    >messenger to make IP phone calls.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    AIUI there is a 'cordless telephony' BT profile, which most BT mobiles
    would be capable of supporting, but the mobile network providers stopped
    this from being implemented as it would lose them revenue

    Can anyone confirm this?

    --
    Ben Mack
    Watchfront Electronics - Bespoke R&D - http://www.watchfront.co.uk/

    "Frank Cornelissen" <frank@cornelissen.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Hi there
    >
    > Im looking for an app that will let my Nokia 6310i be the speaker & mic
    for
    > windows. I'd like to be able to use BT to connect to my BT laptop, then
    use
    > messenger to make IP phone calls.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Frank

    err the bluetooth software that came with my belkin 100m bluetooth adapter
    works great!

    i can use my bluetooth (bluetrek G2) headset as speaker and mic for almost
    all applications in Windows...

    just make sure u get the pairing done as this is a bitch to do...

    cheers ;)
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "a_dude" <blax@blox.com> wrote in message
    > "Frank Cornelissen" <frank@cornelissen.co.nz> wrote in message
    > > Hi there
    > >
    > > Im looking for an app that will let my Nokia 6310i be the speaker & mic
    > for
    > > windows. I'd like to be able to use BT to connect to my BT laptop, then
    > use
    > > messenger to make IP phone calls.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Frank
    > >

    > err the bluetooth software that came with my belkin 100m bluetooth adapter
    > works great!
    >
    > i can use my bluetooth (bluetrek G2) headset as speaker and mic for almost
    > all applications in Windows...
    >
    > just make sure u get the pairing done as this is a bitch to do...
    >
    > cheers ;)

    mind you there is NO chance you can use your phone that way....but a
    bluetooth headset will do the job...

    cheers ;)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    I purchased a kensington usb adapter and it has headset and audio
    gateway profiles however for the life of me i cant get it to discover
    the G2. It paired with my hp6300 smartphone perfectly fine. Just cant
    get it to discover with the laptop, any thoughts?

    --
    Relampago

Bluetooth Phones Speakers