  • Phones
  • Speakers
Last response: in Technologies
September 6, 2004 2:29:47 PM

Hi there

Im looking for an app that will let my Nokia 6310i be the speaker & mic for
windows. I'd like to be able to use BT to connect to my BT laptop, then use
messenger to make IP phone calls.

Any ideas?

Frank

More about : phone speaker mic

Anonymous
September 6, 2004 6:15:42 PM

In article <chhamk$pc1$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk>, Frank Cornelissen
<frank@cornelissen.co.nz> writes
>Hi there
>
>Im looking for an app that will let my Nokia 6310i be the speaker & mic for
>windows. I'd like to be able to use BT to connect to my BT laptop, then use
>messenger to make IP phone calls.
>
>Any ideas?

AIUI there is a 'cordless telephony' BT profile, which most BT mobiles
would be capable of supporting, but the mobile network providers stopped
this from being implemented as it would lose them revenue

Can anyone confirm this?

--
Ben Mack
Watchfront Electronics - Bespoke R&D - http://www.watchfront.co.uk/

"Frank Cornelissen" <frank@cornelissen.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> Im looking for an app that will let my Nokia 6310i be the speaker & mic
for
> windows. I'd like to be able to use BT to connect to my BT laptop, then
use
> messenger to make IP phone calls.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Frank

err the bluetooth software that came with my belkin 100m bluetooth adapter
works great!

i can use my bluetooth (bluetrek G2) headset as speaker and mic for almost
all applications in Windows...

just make sure u get the pairing done as this is a bitch to do...

cheers ;)
Related resources
September 7, 2004 3:01:03 AM

"a_dude" <blax@blox.com> wrote in message
> "Frank Cornelissen" <frank@cornelissen.co.nz> wrote in message
> > Hi there
> >
> > Im looking for an app that will let my Nokia 6310i be the speaker & mic
> for
> > windows. I'd like to be able to use BT to connect to my BT laptop, then
> use
> > messenger to make IP phone calls.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Frank
> >

> err the bluetooth software that came with my belkin 100m bluetooth adapter
> works great!
>
> i can use my bluetooth (bluetrek G2) headset as speaker and mic for almost
> all applications in Windows...
>
> just make sure u get the pairing done as this is a bitch to do...
>
> cheers ;)

mind you there is NO chance you can use your phone that way....but a
bluetooth headset will do the job...

cheers ;)
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 4:05:36 AM

I purchased a kensington usb adapter and it has headset and audio
gateway profiles however for the life of me i cant get it to discover
the G2. It paired with my hp6300 smartphone perfectly fine. Just cant
get it to discover with the laptop, any thoughts?

--
Relampago