32 bit browser not working in win7 64

Hi All,

Windows IExplored(9)-32 & Crome-32 do not work. (Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.)
IExplorer(9)-64 works just fine. I've been researching my issue for a few days now and have no success inplementing the recommended fixes I've found, which included - I'll rip them off for you, without looking up the exact phrasing:

• command line winsock flush ets.
• "Turn Windows features on or off" uncheck, restart, recheck.
• Complete un-install of windows Internet Explorer and re-install (from Windows update module).
• Tools\internet options\reset.

There seems to be something fundamental to the Windows 7 64 Ultimate operating system that is preventing the 32 bit browers from working.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Mike
19 answers Last reply
More about browser working win7
  1. Not sure if trolling. Please enlighten me.
  2. kajabla said:
    Not sure if trolling. Please enlighten me.

You're not sure if you're trolling in my thread? There's not much else that could explain your meaningless post.
  3. WAIT SORRY

I completely misinterpreted your original post. Please disregard that comment; it was uncalled for. It would have been trolling if I'd thought it through, but I didn't.

Is there any particular reason you need the 32-bit versions?
  4. Use the 64 bit Explorer - it´s faster :) - try install crome from Explorer 64 bit to see if it works :)
  5. As of earlier this month, no 32 bit browser (IE9 or Chrome) will work on my WIN-7 64 bit system. This means that Kaspersky can no longer do updates, SyncBack profiles (which are reported in a 32 bit browser) no longer work, remote access to my office is not available on a 64 bit browser, etc, etc, etc.
  6. I typically use a 64 bit browser, but the issue at hand is that something is preventing my machine from running a 32 bit browser. Certain programs REQUIRE a 32 bit browser to operate.
  7. Why don't u try to system restore.
  8. Don't have a valid restore point that goes back far enough. :(
  9. Backup, format, reinstall.

Or install chrome
  10. Chrome is a 32 bit browser. 32 bit browsers do NOT work.

I was hoping to explore a fix vs. format/reinstall.

Any technically savy suggestions would be much appreciated.
  11. There's a 64-bit Chrome for Linux, if you need it bad enough to dual boot. http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer
  12. If you install W7 64bit, it comes with IE 32bit and 64bit. They both work. Both versions will work in W7.
  13. aford10 said:
    If you install W7 64bit, it comes with IE 32bit and 64bit. They both work. Both versions will work in W7.

Dude... the isue is that NO 32 BIT BROWSER WILL WORK, despite the IE-64 works perfectly. Several KEY programs require IE-32 to operate. FOR EXAMPLE: Kaspersky UPDATE. SyncBack, ETC.
  14. My original post,

"Windows IExplored(9)-32 & Crome-32 do not work... IExplorer(9)-64 works just fine."
  15. Did u play with the services?
  16. Try installing Firefox, and get a screenshot of whatever error you're getting.
  17. Zippy2Dix said:
    Chrome is a 32 bit browser. 32 bit browsers do NOT work.

I was hoping to explore a fix vs. format/reinstall.

Any technically savy suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thats what i would do! As if it take longer that 30mins to fix then its quicker to retsore from a back up ;)

You must have done something on your PC to make them stop working. Format and start again still stands!
  18. Zippy2Dix said:
    Hi All,

Windows IExplored(9)-32 & Crome-32 do not work. (Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.)
    IExplorer(9)-64 works just fine. I've been researching my issue for a few days now and have no success inplementing the recommended fixes I've found, which included - I'll rip them off for you, without looking up the exact phrasing:

• command line winsock flush ets.
    • "Turn Windows features on or off" uncheck, restart, recheck.
    • Complete un-install of windows Internet Explorer and re-install (from Windows update module).
    • Tools\internet options\reset.

There seems to be something fundamental to the Windows 7 64 Ultimate operating system that is preventing the 32 bit browers from working.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Mike

Did you ever get a fix for this? I've got the same problem, please let me know if you do.

Thanks
    Mike
    mrivera17[at]bellsouth.net
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7