32 bit browser not working in win7 64

Zippy2Dix

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Hi All,

Windows IExplored(9)-32 & Crome-32 do not work. (Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.)
IExplorer(9)-64 works just fine. I've been researching my issue for a few days now and have no success inplementing the recommended fixes I've found, which included - I'll rip them off for you, without looking up the exact phrasing:

• command line winsock flush ets.
• "Turn Windows features on or off" uncheck, restart, recheck.
• Complete un-install of windows Internet Explorer and re-install (from Windows update module).
• Tools\internet options\reset.

There seems to be something fundamental to the Windows 7 64 Ultimate operating system that is preventing the 32 bit browers from working.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Mike

WAIT SORRY

I completely misinterpreted your original post. Please disregard that comment; it was uncalled for. It would have been trolling if I'd thought it through, but I didn't.

Is there any particular reason you need the 32-bit versions?

Zippy2Dix

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
As of earlier this month, no 32 bit browser (IE9 or Chrome) will work on my WIN-7 64 bit system. This means that Kaspersky can no longer do updates, SyncBack profiles (which are reported in a 32 bit browser) no longer work, remote access to my office is not available on a 64 bit browser, etc, etc, etc.

Zippy2Dix

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
I typically use a 64 bit browser, but the issue at hand is that something is preventing my machine from running a 32 bit browser. Certain programs REQUIRE a 32 bit browser to operate.

Zippy2Dix

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

Dude... the isue is that NO 32 BIT BROWSER WILL WORK, despite the IE-64 works perfectly. Several KEY programs require IE-32 to operate. FOR EXAMPLE: Kaspersky UPDATE. SyncBack, ETC.

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006

Thats what i would do! As if it take longer that 30mins to fix then its quicker to retsore from a back up ;)

You must have done something on your PC to make them stop working. Format and start again still stands!

ecoman17

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012

Did you ever get a fix for this? I've got the same problem, please let me know if you do.

Thanks
Mike
mrivera17@bellsouth.net