MoLaw

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I was hoping to get some advice if possible. My motherboard decided to die on me and I need a replacement. I have been out of the hardware loop for some time and I am a little stuck. I would like to keep my existing hardware which is listed below and just replace the motherboard but I seem to be running into issues finding a suitable replacement.

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EP45--UD3P (R.I.P)
CPU - Intel Core2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz
Memory - OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 8GB (2 x 4)
Videov- SAPPHIRE Vapor-X HD 5850 2GB GDDR5

Like I said just a suitable replacement mobo is what I am looking for.

I appreciate all the help in advanced.

MoLaw

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Core-Quad-Motherboard-BLKDG43GT/dp/B002M9SOYG/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1351212986&sr=1-4&keywords=motherboard+775+ddr2. This board is bulk oem, meaning it may not come with any accessories, including the backplate. You still have lots of boards to choose from, but the p45 chipset is tough to find new. Check ebay. If the price is too high, you may have to settle for my recommendation.

Yes, but I wouldn't pay a premium for it, especially if the board is used or refurbished (same thing). The board I recommended is only $50 and brand new; some of the ebay boards have seen better days; proceed with caution. I would much rather get a brand new board especially if it has any Intel warranty. There's a poster in the classified section selling a gigabyte p45 for $70 used if you can't find any other options.