Badges and Forum threads

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Regarding badges, why have I had 4 badges yet only shows 2 of the latest? Shouldnt i be able to keep those I already had?

Cant remember what those I had, were...

and why cant I/we see threads that I/we have started? Sometimes the latest threads, I think in the last week or maybe a few days more, do actually show under the 'my threads' option, but anything older doesnt show... I would love to find out if something new has been posted in old threads, and no I dont want the option of getting mail every single time someone posts, although in the long run it would solve the problem of loosing track of old threads.

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying you had badges, but some of them have disappeared? When did you have them, and do you remember what badges they were?

As for the threads, you started, I know the search will show all the threads that you have made posts within. I'm not sure if there is anywhere that filters only the threads you have begun.

Justin

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Thanks for the reply, Justin

Im sorry I cant remember those that I had before, but my most recent badge, earnt was the one for uploading a avatar, which I find a surprise, as Iv always had an avatar (yes its always been the one I uploaded).

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Mouse, similiar and I think that's the only possible answer for the badges question - noticed I had 3 emails saying I have the newcommer badge, so sounds like you are right.

I found the culprit for the missing threads as well

If I start on TH.com and go to the forums Im fine

But when I go to TH.co.uk, I cant find my topics under the 'See my threads' button.

Some topics and/or posts are in the .com side and some (most) are in the .co.uk side, and as Im in the UK, shouldnt this bug be working the other way round?

- I like reading .com site first, its always more up to date, plus .co.uk is a copy of the articles/news/reviews etc

randomizer

Champion
There have been people who've wanted the UK site dumped for some time as it's pretty much pointless when the articles aren't any more tailored to the UK than the US site. It's also more buggy, and yes, the "Access to the whole list of his/her messages" in a person's profile page (such as the one linked in my previous post) doesn't work on the UK forum at all.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
just tested it, I can see only 1 topic of mine in the uk forums. When I visit my profile and then click on forums, it will automatically set itself to the UK forums instead of the USA one, so thats why I loose y threads/posts.

I know it was mentioned a couple of weeks ago and I've duplicated this post in another thread in the hope that it gets seen because it's still broken, if I view my profile on the .com forum I see this:-
5badges.jpg

but in the .co.uk forum I see this:-
3badges.jpg

Any chance of fixing it so they at least tally up. TIA