Solved

New Build. $800

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approximate Purchase Date: (e.g.: this week (the closer the better))

Budget Range: $700-$800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Streaming Video.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Monitor, Mouse, also have a Blue Ray burner so no need for optic drive.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: No Preference.

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: Not a fan of Nvidia thanks to my XPS m1730 would love AMD components.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes not at the moment, but want my build to be crossfire ready once i grab a second card.

Monitor Resolution: N/A using my 1080p Vizio 120hz

Additional Comments: Quiet if possible, Have great hearing and extra noises irritate me. Heh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What i found for myself. Please tell me what you think. I have built computers for friends but never for myself.
CASE ---Antec 300 or Rosewill Challenger, both are --- $49.95
Graphics Card --- XFX Radeon HD 6870 1gb --- $195.99
Power Supply --- RAIDMAX HYBRID 630w --- $54.99
Processor --- Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition --- $189.99
Motherboard --- GIGABYTE GA-990FX --- $189.99
RAM --- G.SKILL Ripjaws X 2x4GB @ 1600 --- $51.99

With these items im grabbign off Newegg. I also get a 60GB SSD thrown in for free and i own a 2TB external that i can throw in this PC to save a buck.
It also comes with a 4GB Kingston class 10 SDHC.
total price After tax and shipping is $909.81

I called newegg support and they do have a military discount seemed like they didnt want to give me one but they do and its free shipping and he said like 5% discount which i found online its a 10% discount so that gets rid of my tax and shipping so a Grand Total of $815.92

Let me know what ya think. Last time i built a PC was years ago before i even knew as mush as i know now about PC's.

Thanks in Advance.
-G
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build
  1. um why a 6-core CPU in a gaming rig when game devlopers are just starting to optimize their games for 4-core CPUs with CUDA / ATI Accelerate on the Graphics Card or Graphics Cards?
  2. also in addition please include what connectors your already bought components need? for the mouse is it a PS/2 mouse or a USB mouse or a Wireless mouse with an adapter of what kind? same with the keyboard. is that a VGA, DVI, display port, SPDIF, Compsite, S-Video, or another input method of monitor? what kind of internal connection is required for the blu-ray player SATA 3.0Gbps, SATA 6Gbps, or EIDE or PATA. And do you have only a 100Mbps network to the router or a 1Gbps network to the router as it applies to the network chip in the chipset?
  3. You could do better pricewise on the video card. Same specs, about 30 less expensive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150561
  4. CPU - i5 2400 - $189
    MOBO - Gigabyte Z68 UD3 - $149

This will outperform any AMD cpu at the time of this post.

Better priced XFX 6870 - $170
    Way better card XFX 6950 1GB - $240 ($210 with rebate)

You also don't need a 630W for 1x6870.

This overclocked comp that Tom's Hardware just put together had a 6870 in it check it out:

317 watts under full load. They used a 430W PSU and did just fine.
  5. @MasterMace we still need to know what connectors he requires there to be for his components to run before we give him a build as what is the point of a $800 build if it has the wrong plugs inside it for what he has to run. With that i do agree with you that his choice of a graphics card is not the best out there but the better graphics card might not fit the budget and PSU specs he has on his build thus he picked a different one for computability reasons not for performance.
  6. a different build of the following will be alot cheaper and can do CrossfireX once you get your copy of windows XP/Vista/7/8 up and running.
    1 Rosewill 10" Serial ATA III Red Flat Cable w/ Locking Latch Support 6 Gbps, 3 Gbps, and 1.5 Gbps transfer rate Model RCA-RU-10-SA3-90-RD
    1 Fractal Design Arc Mini Black High Performance PC Computer Case w/ USB 3.0 and 3 Fractal Design Silent Fans
    1 Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    1 ASUS F1A75-M FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    1 XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
    1 hec XP1080 800W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V / EPS12V CrossFire & SLI NVIDIA HYBRID-SLI Certified Modular Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
    1 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    1 AMD A6-3650 Llano 2.6GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU AD3650WNGXBOX
    All of this costing a subtotal of $753.92 with $13.85 with shipping so it won't be so bad. the out of the box Crossfire will be a nice addition to have in this build with the FM1 socket of AMD's for a little future proofing the build as well as the 800 Watt power supply.
    it also comes with a Kingston 4GB Mirco SDHC Flash Card with the G.Skill Ripjaws X RAM did in your build. The Price is of midnight on October 3, 2011 and I hope the build will help you build your own. There are better builds but they cost more then the $800 budget you set for us to be building under.
  7. I own windows 7. Mouse and keyboard are USB/wired my choice they come with both.
    @yumri. I dont claim to know anything computers my picks were based on bundles and cheapies i was able to find. I chose the 630 power supply simply because with the 6870x2 would need that much. Also @yumri is your build form newegg items?
    My TV i will be using as a monitor has HDMI/DVI/VGA/RGB/Components so pretty much anything goes with it
  8. Also have never heard of fractal equipment in your build going to have to check them out
  9. Best answer
    Check out my $850 build here, more like $825 but it'll give you way more performance but at about the same price.
    http://www.squidoo.com/electronicandmore

Crossfire with the A6's APU is a terrible idea and that PSU is terrible as well, not even 80+ rated.
  10. Best answer selected by Fanattick.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product