Bluetooth module driver installer for windows 8

prateekjain

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
I have the bluetooth module driver installer for windows 8 but when i install it i get the message 'Please plug in or turn on your bluetooth device' in the detect bluetooth device section(where it checks for our bluetooth device) even when my bluetooth is on..

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
ok, so if the driver installed. have a look presuming its a laptop for a switch on the laptop. Or go into control panel in windows, and click on the sytem and security Icon. where it says sytem, look for device manager and click on that. You want to see if the hardware has indeed been picked up by the laptop. If it is listed then right click on the device and see if it is enabled.
As a small note some laptops allow you to enable the bluetooth device by holding the Fn key and hitting the Fn symbols on the numberd keys at the top of the keyboard ok.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Well the only thing to do is take a note of the brand name of the laptop, and its model number. Once you have this, go to google and put them details in with the words windows 8 drivers after it.
example: Lenovo G555 drivers windows 8

prateekjain

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
searched "dell inspiron 1440 driver for windows 8" and went to dell's site , didnt find drivers for my laptop model! wtf.. they are available for some other models but not for mine may be because my laptop model is too old (3 years old)

kob jhonson

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013