New Subsection Request - for Mod/Admin

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Could we add a "Religion" subsection to the News & Leisure forum? Several users (myself included) in Politics seem interested. Some of the discussions there are already spilling over into religion, and it would be nice to have a clearly defined place to start those discussions. Thanks!

I 100% agree with Shadow703793 and jtt283. There is a time and place for political/religious debates. Tom's Hardware is not the place for it. Apparently at least some of the mods and admins think it's perfectly fine. I saw Crashman stirring the pot over there. This is certainly a new low for THG.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Thanks shortstuff_mt and jtt283 for being civil; it's more than many others. :non: I enjoy that sort of stuff and like being able to engage in debate here where I already have a user ID and password. I do help out in other sections as well (especially Win7). For those of you who don't like philosophy, politics, and religion in the forums, no one is forcing you into that section. It's completely separate.

Its like any other thread, you dont want to go there, dont?
Some people carry their maker with them in ever step they take, so having something like this isnt totally unreasonable.
Theres topics here I havnt ever been on, and Ive been here awhile, and more than likely, that topic as well, but I can see why it has its place, as do the others.
I remember when they decided to do car infos and stories etc.
The vast majority of the forums has been and always will be about ech, no ones taking over, well except the French heheh

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Can you explain what exactly ends up on the home page (of the Forums, I suppose you mean)? I don't know what you're talking about. Sure, Politics and Religion are listed just like all the other subsections, but is there something more than that I'm not seeing?

Latest topics:
Need help ?
Hot Questions and Replies $600 Gaming PC (19)
Watecooling Loop. Need Recommendations (13)
Upgrading CPU (6)
Help getting computer working again (1)
Video Upgrade For Asrock Motherboard (0)
Help a Rookie: compatibility issues in my first build? (14)
Add-on PCI to SATA vs SATA Controller (0)
Windows 7 started crashing often (END PROCESS) (3)
Is this Ecs Mobo any good? (2)
$1300 i7 920 Gaming Build (20)
How Does Crucial Memory Rank Among Other Brands? (4)
Upgrade advice (6)
Help with OS selection (2)
Custom pc just crashed after a year of working (19)
What would be the power consumption of o'cing E2140? (1)
I think this is what he means

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Oh, yes; now I see it! Right-hand side of the homepage for all of Tom's Hardware. Still, those threads are receiving the same treatment as any other. Their content isn't being shoved in your face. Just the topic is shown, and that in an obscure place I haven't yet noticed, along with many others that have recent activity. Oh, well; different people have different preferences...