Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ericsson T610 Bluetooth Problem

Last response: in Technologies
Share
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 7, 2004 7:26:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

I am having some problems trying to get Bluetooth working between by
Ericsson T610 phone and my Windows XP laptop with a D-Link DBT-120 USB
Bluetooth Adapter.

I have Bluetooth working to the point where I can make CSD data calls from
my laptop using the phone. I can also send a file from my laptop to the
phone. However, I can not send a picture from the phone to my laptop. (The
phone sees my computer, but when I select it, the phone has a Bluetooth
connection failed message).

Does anyone have any ideas why this is not working?

Thanks,
--
Mike Schumann
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 8, 2004 3:46:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Mike Schumann wrote:

> I am having some problems trying to get Bluetooth working between by
> Ericsson T610 phone and my Windows XP laptop with a D-Link DBT-120 USB
> Bluetooth Adapter.
>
> I have Bluetooth working to the point where I can make CSD data calls from
> my laptop using the phone. I can also send a file from my laptop to the
> phone. However, I can not send a picture from the phone to my laptop.
> (The phone sees my computer, but when I select it, the phone has a
> Bluetooth connection failed message).
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why this is not working?
>
> Thanks,
I have in the past experienced probelms synchronising outlook with the T610.
I could see, and access pictures and ringtones on the phone as well as use
it as a modem to connect to the internet. But synchronising was never
stable in the sense that 10 or 20 times in a row I would be able to
synchronise and then suddenly I couldn't. Basically the SE sync interface
didn't see the phone anymore.

Well the solution that worked for me was to install SP2, delete all the
manufacturer supplied bluetooth drivers and rely totally on Windows to
handle bluetooth.
Synchronising is much faster now and it ALWAYS works.
I had to delete the old dialup connection for the phone and create a new
one, including re-discovering the phone, which was painless enough as a
wizard did the job.

In general the laptop is much more well behaved with respect to bluetooth
and wifi after having installed SP2.
--
Jan Schledermann
Helmond, The Netherlands
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 8, 2004 3:46:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

I also installed Windows XP SP2 the other day. This seemed to have caused
my problems.

I found a note on the D-Link support web site that talked about problems
caused by the XP SP2 bluetooth driver replacing the D-Link driver. I
followed the instructions on removing the Microsoft Driver and replacing it
with the D-Link driver, and now everything is working great. (Note: I
ended up deleting the Sony Ericsson modem driver, and using the generic
modem driver supplied by D-Link).

Mike Schumann

"Jan Schledermann" <jschledermann@-REMOVE-euronet.nl> wrote in message
news:413e2c22$0$62020$ee9da40f@news.euronet.nl...
> Mike Schumann wrote:
>
>> I am having some problems trying to get Bluetooth working between by
>> Ericsson T610 phone and my Windows XP laptop with a D-Link DBT-120 USB
>> Bluetooth Adapter.
>>
>> I have Bluetooth working to the point where I can make CSD data calls
>> from
>> my laptop using the phone. I can also send a file from my laptop to the
>> phone. However, I can not send a picture from the phone to my laptop.
>> (The phone sees my computer, but when I select it, the phone has a
>> Bluetooth connection failed message).
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas why this is not working?
>>
>> Thanks,
> I have in the past experienced probelms synchronising outlook with the
> T610.
> I could see, and access pictures and ringtones on the phone as well as use
> it as a modem to connect to the internet. But synchronising was never
> stable in the sense that 10 or 20 times in a row I would be able to
> synchronise and then suddenly I couldn't. Basically the SE sync interface
> didn't see the phone anymore.
>
> Well the solution that worked for me was to install SP2, delete all the
> manufacturer supplied bluetooth drivers and rely totally on Windows to
> handle bluetooth.
> Synchronising is much faster now and it ALWAYS works.
> I had to delete the old dialup connection for the phone and create a new
> one, including re-discovering the phone, which was painless enough as a
> wizard did the job.
>
> In general the laptop is much more well behaved with respect to bluetooth
> and wifi after having installed SP2.
> --
> Jan Schledermann
> Helmond, The Netherlands
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 8, 2004 7:57:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <413e562d$0$432$6536d21b@news.bitstream.net> on Tue, 7 Sep 2004 19:45:31
-0500, "Mike Schumann" <mike-nospam@traditions-nospam.com> wrote:

>I also installed Windows XP SP2 the other day. This seemed to have caused
>my problems.
>
>I found a note on the D-Link support web site that talked about problems
>caused by the XP SP2 bluetooth driver replacing the D-Link driver. I
>followed the instructions on removing the Microsoft Driver and replacing it
>with the D-Link driver, and now everything is working great. (Note: I
>ended up deleting the Sony Ericsson modem driver, and using the generic
>modem driver supplied by D-Link).

When I installed XP SP2 it did nothing to my Bluetooth setup, as advertised.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 8, 2004 11:24:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Mike Schumann wrote:

> I also installed Windows XP SP2 the other day. This seemed to have caused
> my problems.
>
> I found a note on the D-Link support web site that talked about problems
> caused by the XP SP2 bluetooth driver replacing the D-Link driver. I
> followed the instructions on removing the Microsoft Driver and replacing
> it
> with the D-Link driver, and now everything is working great. (Note: I
> ended up deleting the Sony Ericsson modem driver, and using the generic
> modem driver supplied by D-Link).
>
> Mike Schumann

I have installed SP2 on both my laptop (Dell built-in bluetooth) and on a
desktop (Belkin USB dongle). In both cases I have removed the supplier
software and am only using Windows. That works perfect in both cases.

I think that the problems are causes by the mix of the supplier software
drivers and SP2. Bluetooth also went dead on my laptop, after installing
SP2, until I removed all of the Dell bluetooth software/drivers and let
Windows rediscover the hardware. I had to manually install the phone as a
modem though.

Best regards

Jan Schledermann
!