Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Good sound card

Last response: in Components
January 4, 2012 9:16:57 AM

i have creative t6100 speakers with on board realtek hd sound but wanna upgrade my sound card which is best for my speakers hows xfi titanium or xfi surround 5.1 usb for it .my speakers r compatible with new sound cards. :bounce: 

More about : good sound card

January 4, 2012 11:52:50 AM

You won't notice any difference in sound quality between Realtek HD on board sound and a Creative sound card. Save your money.
January 4, 2012 12:00:27 PM

^^ Debatable at best...

Anyway, the best soundcards are made by ASUS and Auzentech these days. A good mid-tier option is the ASUS Xonar DX.
Related resources
January 4, 2012 12:06:38 PM

Im not audiophile but even I can see big difference between build in Realtek HD, and sound blaster audigy 2 that i got installed
January 4, 2012 12:15:01 PM

I appreciate true high fidelity sound. That's why I invested in a really good HT system. On the PC though, where most people only do casual listening, I think it's a waste of money.
January 4, 2012 11:20:22 PM

People might be down on Creativelabs, but an x-fi titanium WILL sound better than onboard (Realtek).

The two to look at are either the Creativelabs x-fi titanium (the base level one around $80) or the ASUS xonar dx (which they look like they raised the price to $100)

More expensive sound cards are usually for headphones (they often have a headphone amp)

Don't even consider usb unless you can't get an expansion card to fit for some reason.

However, those speakers really aren't good enough to warrant buying a sound card. They aren't bad, but it's not going to make a huge difference.

January 5, 2012 4:19:25 AM

thx everyone.... :D  so should i stay with my onboard audio? even 50% sound difference is good for me to buy a dedicated sound card.
January 5, 2012 10:16:43 AM

you can try any cheap 8738 card for 10 dollars (I own one in my kitchen's PC), those have a nice bass and no disturbing treble. if you want more quality Xonar DG looks a good companion with those speakers.
January 5, 2012 3:05:27 PM

Personally, I had a Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer... I could tell a big difference between my onboard and the soundcard. In games, footsteps were much clearer and I could tell directionally where they come from. Music sounded much clearer and I was able to raise my volume exceptionally more, at 50% sound it was blasting.. when I must have my onboard at 100%.
January 5, 2012 6:07:00 PM

It depends on the onboard. If you have to crank up the volume far enough to where you hear a hiss out of the speakers, get a soundcard. If you don't, then don't worry about it.
!