Sign in with
Your question

What is the best CPU cooler ?

Last response: in Systems
October 4, 2011 7:34:14 AM

I need to keep my new pc cool and i don't want to water cool , whats the best parts for doing this ?
I may over clock in the future once the system gets older.

More about : cpu cooler

a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
October 4, 2011 7:45:11 AM

What kind of cpu does the system have?
October 4, 2011 7:55:42 AM

abekl said:
What kind of cpu does the system have?

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard ** B3 REVISION **

CPU (Processor)

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail [BX80623I72600K]

Nvidia 590 graphics card
Related resources
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
a c 172 à CPUs
October 4, 2011 8:06:57 AM

Frostytech is not a bad place to start.

There's always a lot of discussion about what is the best cooler. the best deal is the Coolermaster Hiper 212+ for about $30.
a b à CPUs
October 4, 2011 8:14:37 AM

It is a bit har dto say that one is "the best" since in diffrent sites they look better or worse (the testing info is many times missing some data in order to promote one product or another).

Personally i like the PRolimatech Genesis (assuming it fits with your ram modules).

The reason i think it can be better is becouse the fin pins are separated, so the first airwave does not heat up before it goes throught the second group of fin pins.

Also, i would recommend the fans scythe gentle typhoon if you can get them.
They are very decent in every aspect. However, some people say they tend to start having a high sound pitch after a year.
In my case it did not happen, but i cant speak for others.

Google reviews from both the cooler and the fan and you will get a good idea if it suits you.
October 4, 2011 10:57:02 AM

If you are looking for the BEST cooler one can say the Noctua NH-D14, the Spire Eclipse II, the Thermaltake Frio or the Megahalems, but they're all REALLY big and will kill out one or two RAM slots.

I have the Zalman CNPS9900 MAX and it's a killer, get it :) 
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
October 4, 2011 11:29:11 AM

mrmaia said:
If you are looking for the BEST cooler one can say the Noctua NH-D14, the Spire Eclipse II, the Thermaltake Frio or the Megahalems, but they're all REALLY big and will kill out one or two RAM slots.

What kind of RAM do you have, 99Androidguy? If it's LP (low profile) you may place any cpu cooler without having problems with your ram.
!