Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

What graphics card should i get 2011

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 3, 2011 12:09:30 PM

Hi guys im building my new rig i already have my system gear just looking for a good card. Im a nvidia fan, ive read alot of forums on cards to get but am gettin so lost :(  i have a ROG Maximus z68 board with an i7 2600k cpu, 8gb ram, 1000w psu and great system air cooling. I will be getting a 27in monitor and have no asperations of 3D. I guess bottom line i want a good graphics setup that i'll get over a year out of that can run the latest games at full spec without hiccups and i have $900 to spend. Thanks guys lookign forward to your posts.

More about : graphics card 2011

August 3, 2011 12:17:43 PM

P.S

The cards i have in mind are the :

Asus ROG Matrix GTX 580 or ..... GTX 580 sli (i'll have to sneak that under the missus might prove difficult lol )
GTX 590
GTX 570 SLi

and is Sli a good road to go down ive heard many stories of them being a waste of money with alot of games that dont benefit from the setup mind you i am new to it all
a c 271 U Graphics card
August 3, 2011 1:01:19 PM

D1CE said:
P.S

The cards i have in mind are the :

Asus ROG Matrix GTX 580 or ..... GTX 580 sli (i'll have to sneak that under the missus might prove difficult lol )
GTX 590
GTX 570 SLi

and is Sli a good road to go down ive heard many stories of them being a waste of money with alot of games that dont benefit from the setup mind you i am new to it all

I like SLi (as if you hadn't guessed) and I've found that most games do benefit and only a few don't and those are usually the ones that aren't worth playing anyway IMHO.
Related resources
August 3, 2011 1:30:17 PM

cool is it hard to do ? would i benefit from the 570 sli for a year or so or should i cut my throat and go for the 580s
a c 271 U Graphics card
August 3, 2011 1:35:28 PM

D1CE said:
cool is it hard to do ? would i benefit from the 570 sli for a year or so or should i cut my throat and go for the 580s

Compared to ATi CF rigs that I've built SLi is a doddle to set up, I went with a pair of GTX560's for my own rig as that put me in the region of a single 580 and I don't intend to use more than one 19 x 10 monitor or upgrade them for at least three years, the way I see it is that it worked with my SLi'd 8800GT's so I'm game to try my luck again.
August 3, 2011 1:42:16 PM

nice i guess my next question is do i get the 570s in the evga hd which is all that is available to me, in saying that what was the reason they changed to HD with the 570 and did it benefit anything.
a c 271 U Graphics card
August 3, 2011 1:47:44 PM

D1CE said:
nice i guess my next question is do i get the 570s in the evga hd which is all that is available to me, in saying that what was the reason they changed to HD with the 570 and did it benefit anything.

Sounds to me like they just stuck the HD moniker on as the cards have always been capable of HD (1920 x 1080) output, unless of course it means they have a HDMI output added which the other ones lacked?
August 3, 2011 1:52:35 PM

gotcha :)  now im thinkin 570 sli now or one 580 and get another maybe 6mnths down the track ?

..by the way thank so much for your help

Best solution

a c 271 U Graphics card
August 3, 2011 1:58:45 PM
Share

If you are only using a single screen and have no intention of playing with 3D I reckon SLi'd 570's would be more than enough for a couple of years or so.
August 3, 2011 2:12:32 PM

might be a silly question but is playing with 3d simply put playing something with glasses on :) 
a c 271 U Graphics card
August 3, 2011 6:06:24 PM

Whilst I've never tried it I have seen reports of the strain it puts on the graphic subsystem.
August 13, 2011 12:27:09 AM

Best answer selected by D1CE.
a c 271 U Graphics card
August 13, 2011 2:18:55 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!