What graphics card should i get 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1CE

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Hi guys im building my new rig i already have my system gear just looking for a good card. Im a nvidia fan, ive read alot of forums on cards to get but am gettin so lost :( i have a ROG Maximus z68 board with an i7 2600k cpu, 8gb ram, 1000w psu and great system air cooling. I will be getting a 27in monitor and have no asperations of 3D. I guess bottom line i want a good graphics setup that i'll get over a year out of that can run the latest games at full spec without hiccups and i have $900 to spend. Thanks guys lookign forward to your posts.

Solution
If you are only using a single screen and have no intention of playing with 3D I reckon SLi'd 570's would be more than enough for a couple of years or so.

D1CE

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
P.S

The cards i have in mind are the :

Asus ROG Matrix GTX 580 or ..... GTX 580 sli (i'll have to sneak that under the missus might prove difficult lol )
GTX 590
GTX 570 SLi

and is Sli a good road to go down ive heard many stories of them being a waste of money with alot of games that dont benefit from the setup mind you i am new to it all

I like SLi (as if you hadn't guessed) and I've found that most games do benefit and only a few don't and those are usually the ones that aren't worth playing anyway IMHO.

Compared to ATi CF rigs that I've built SLi is a doddle to set up, I went with a pair of GTX560's for my own rig as that put me in the region of a single 580 and I don't intend to use more than one 19 x 10 monitor or upgrade them for at least three years, the way I see it is that it worked with my SLi'd 8800GT's so I'm game to try my luck again.

D1CE

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
nice i guess my next question is do i get the 570s in the evga hd which is all that is available to me, in saying that what was the reason they changed to HD with the 570 and did it benefit anything.

Sounds to me like they just stuck the HD moniker on as the cards have always been capable of HD (1920 x 1080) output, unless of course it means they have a HDMI output added which the other ones lacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.