Sign in with
Your question

AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 UEFI UPDATE CRASH

Last response: in Motherboards
October 26, 2012 10:46:48 PM

Hello,
during uefi updating computer shuted down. Now i can't start it again. two times for 3 short beeps and error 4F on the board screen. Clear CMOS gave nothing. What can i do?
a b V Motherboard
October 27, 2012 1:33:43 AM

Read caution 10, page11. Caution 16 Page 12, page47>50 gives error codes, page 66 should help also.
October 27, 2012 2:04:33 AM

i haven't got monitor signal nor keyboard..nothing. So i can't press F2 or F6. It's error d0

I read this:

If the Flash Memory Writer utility was not able to successfully update a complete BIOS file, your system may not be able to boot up. If this happens, your system will need service. SERVICE....1 day motherboard :/ 
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 27, 2012 2:37:33 AM

Why would you want to update the BIOS on a one day old motherboard? Have you ever changed a BIOS chip? it is not that hard if you have the tool to do it with, a new BIOS chip from ASROCK should not be very much. I have changed 4 already, from people who have had a failed attempt with an update.
October 27, 2012 12:07:34 PM

I want new BIOS because it was 1.4, and it's 2.2 available. Many versions after that 1.4. I know that it's not so hard, but if i change chip i lost guarantee, or not?
a b V Motherboard
October 27, 2012 3:13:52 PM

You could send the board to Asrock and have them install the latest BIOS that way you will not have to update it, just time and money. Contact Asrock see what they have to say. Right now your board is just a paper weight.
!