Bluetooth with Treo 600 phone

Last response: in Technologies
September 8, 2004 5:42:01 PM

I just had a Verizon tech person tell me that you can add a Bluetooth Sd
card to the Treo 600 phone and make it into a bluetooth phone. I've search
the web and I can find a few sd bluetooth cards. All of the ones that I
have found state that they will not work with Palm 5.0 OS which is what the
Treo 600 uses. Can anybody shed some more light on this for me?

September 8, 2004 11:41:05 PM

In article <GqCdnY7PB4Dlz6LcRVn-vQ@comcast.com>,
"Bill Gourley" <bg1811@comcast.net> wrote:

> I just had a Verizon tech person tell me that you can add a Bluetooth Sd
> card to the Treo 600 phone and make it into a bluetooth phone. I've search
> the web and I can find a few sd bluetooth cards. All of the ones that I
> have found state that they will not work with Palm 5.0 OS which is what the
> Treo 600 uses. Can anybody shed some more light on this for me?

You have discovered correctly. The Verizon Tech was blowing smoke.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 8:55:40 PM

No way to do this - now.

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

"Bill Gourley" <bg1811@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I just had a Verizon tech person tell me that you can add a Bluetooth Sd
>card to the Treo 600 phone and make it into a bluetooth phone. I've search
>the web and I can find a few sd bluetooth cards. All of the ones that I
>have found state that they will not work with Palm 5.0 OS which is what the
>Treo 600 uses. Can anybody shed some more light on this for me?

> This mailbox protected from junk email by MailFrontier Desktop
> from MailFrontier, Inc. http://info.mailfrontier.com

September 13, 2004 1:13:04 AM

You should wait for the Treo 650 which will be out soon. It has built in
Bluetooth...

!