Intel DX79SR Memory Error

Crazywun

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Hello,
I have a problem with getting the three beep memory error from my motherboard. I only had 8gb (4x2gb) and decided to bump it to 32 gb, Corsair Vengeance Blue (8x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz. At first I installed 4 of the stick because i didn't have time to remove the fan to get to the others slots. I had no problems and ran great for about a week. Today I finally got around to installing the rest. After I installed all the stick I got the three beep memory error. I checked the connections and turn power back on and heard the beeps. So I took out the 4 stick I installed bring back to 16gb bring it back the way it was and still got the beeps. Now no matter what configuration I try it still beeps. I even installed the old ram and still got the error. Any idea of what i could do?

Hummm lets see. You could use a can of compressed air to blast out the dimms and hope for the best. You can also try using a very light use of rubbing alchohol to clean to contacts. Make sure the system is off, unplugged and discharged. Rubbing alcohol is your last resort. If returning the board wouldn't cause to much of an issue I would do that before the rubbing alcohol.

If anyone is reading this thread and has any suggestions feel free.