Graphics Card and Cooling

LEANGIMPY

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
I'm a retired guy who likes gaming. I have until now bought pre-built systems from Dell, and the extent of my computer knowledge until a couple of weeks ago consisted of pushing a button , and putting a disc into a slot.
I want to build my next computer, and I'd like it to be OK for about the next 5 years.
I've read a good bit from the web, and have found 'Toms Hardware' invaluable. Most components I've selected, but need some advice on graphics cards from you guys who live and breath computers.
My basic s are:-

CPU - Intel i7-2600K
MoBo - ASUS P8P67 Delux
Case - Coolmaster HAF X Nvidia Edition
PSU - Coolmaster 1000w Silent Pro Gold
Memory - Crucial 1off 8gb kit (2x4gb) DDR3 - DIMM - 1333
SSD - Corsair Force Series GT - 120GB - SATA3
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Green 1000gb - SATA3
Opt Drive - LiteOn - iHBS 212

Problem:-
Do I get , 2off ASUS 1.0gb Gforce GTX 560Ti Graphics Cards with SLI bridge or 1off 590gtx card and will I need ancilliary cooling in addition to the 8 fans in the case (4 on casing and 4- on cards). Also will they fit in the case. and if added cooling is necessary, would you recommend water or air.
Your comments would be greatly appreciated; as would any on my basic build spec.

LEANGIMPY

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Thanks for the advice. I'll look at the 1kw Corsair PSU.
The reason why I was preferring the 2x560 GPU's was that I have opted for an LGA1155 based build which will be obsolete in 5 years, and this will reduce the proposed build to scrap. My thinking is that the present top of the heap 590GTX will not play all newly released games in 3 to 4 years from now, so I'll have to update the GPU. The 2x560 will probably be OK for the next 2 to 3 years. This being so, then in either case I have to replace the graphics. As the 590GTX costs nearly twice as much as the 2x560's, then it would be more cost effective to utilise the mid range cards twice during the 5 year period.
I did research the 590GTX, and although it's a very good card, some test reports suggest that it does need some slight adjustments to make it good value for the price.
I still need to further consider the cooling aspect as that will probably sway my final decision.
Thanks again for your guidance.

LEANGIMPY

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Can the mod please terminate this thread as I'm unused to the site and have fouled up by duplicating the subject. I apologise for the inconvenience.