Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help finding compatible motherboard please

Last response: in Motherboards
October 27, 2012 12:54:19 AM

I had a custom computer built for me in June 2010, and has ran like a beast with no problems....until yesterday. Upon start, it would shut down itself. Took it to techs, and they narrowed down problem to motherboard. This is what I have

(http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...).

I am trying to find a replacement motherboard that fits the requirements for what I have installed on it, such as the Intel I7-960 CPU, dual GTX 480 nvidia video cards. This all fits in a Cooler Master HAF-932 tower. I do not need the most high end thing out there, I just need a motherboard that fits the requirements. If it is a couple extra hundred, and well worth spending, will consider. However, priority #1 is making sure all my existing hardware works with it. If any of you need more information on what hardware I have, feel free to ask, and I will grab the flashlight, lol. Thanks for any help you fellow enthusiasts can provide.
October 27, 2012 1:15:17 AM

Look for a motheboard that is ATX sized, supports DDR3, and x58 cpu slot.

m
l
October 27, 2012 1:20:17 AM

So these are the main characteristics to look for? I understand the DDR3 and X58, but what is ATX size? Thanks
m
l
Related resources
October 27, 2012 3:15:33 AM

your motherboard size is "ATX".

There are 2 common sizes, ATX and Micro-ATX. You can tell the difference because ATX is rectangular, and ATX is square and the same size. All other sizes are usually alot smaller than those two.

m
l
October 27, 2012 3:16:36 AM

Forgot to mention that ATX Form Factor is basically motherboard sizes.
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
October 27, 2012 5:07:18 AM
October 27, 2012 8:58:14 PM

Than you for the link. I found the exact same when utilizing my existing criteria from the old motherboard. I am worried though about performance, and also looking at all the negative reviews on newegg about this manufacturer, I was hoping to find a high performance motherboard that won't break the bank and has excellent reviews. I will use your provided link for my local computer tech to give his insight on, but if anyone has further ideas on a compatible motherboard that meets or exceeds current performance, and has good reviews, I am all ears. Thanks guys
m
l
November 6, 2012 12:57:06 AM

Best answer selected by colarguns.
m
l
!