Kolindo

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
I recently picked up an Asrock z77 Extreme 4, and after days of horrible service with Asrock, I've returned the board and will be starting again this weekend.

I've been looking at getting Gigabytes UD3H, D3H, G1.Sniper M3, or possibly the ASUS P8Z77-V LK. Does anyone have an insight as to what boards around the $130-160 range will work best for general gaming and possibly streaming in the near future? Customer service is a big deal for me and I don't see myself going back to Asrock after the poor level of service.

Something I'm also factoring in is Neweggs free 8gb ram deal that comes with the P8Z77 and the G1. Sniper M3. I've read great reviews on all 4 products, but not too many that compared them. I'd also be interested in other brands, assuming their customer service is good. I've also reviewed the sub $160 review article, but only the D3H is compared; the rest recently coming down into this price range.

CPU: i5 3750k
Ram: Patriot Viper 3 8GB 1600

Thank you for your time.

jordonc

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
As a UD3H owner, I'm happy with my purchase. My overclocks aren't the highest, but I guess it's just the luck of the draw. But I have no idea what the differences are between the UD3H and D3H. Sorry.

Kolindo

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012

As mentioned, I did read this. Only the D3H is compared in this article. The P8Z77 V LX is there, but not he LK. The D3H is there, but not the UD3H. The Sniper was not out at that time and has just recently dropped into this price range.

jordonc

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't read the whole post before posting. But I do have the UD3H, which is the predecessor to the D3H. If you have any questions about that board, I can help out. My apologies.

rdc85

Honorable
As I know the diffrent of "UD" and "D" is "UD" use double cooper for its power line, and "D" doesn't had those... (if the price diffrent is not big, try get the "UD" board)

As u can see i had "UD" board, so far so good for me...

About the ASUS and Sniper... not had experience, so no sugestion...

Kolindo

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012

Thank you for clarifying. I think I'll remove the D3H from my list and just look at the UD3H, as they are currently the same price.