Sign in with
Your question
Closed

AMD X4 955 3.86Ghz OC settings. Do these seem fine?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 4, 2012 6:18:05 PM

I am over clocking my AMD 955 3.2ghz BE(3.2ghz is stock) and after slowly increasing bus and multiplier I have come up with these settings and I was wondering what you guys think? The thing that im wondering its that my voltage seems lower then pretty much all of the 3.8ghz OC I have seen. Maybe thats just because I have a good motherboard.

Here is the CPU-Z thing showing all the settings. NOTE: All of these were done in the bios. I have been running the prime95 for nearly 2 hrs (and most likely 2-4hrs more min) and do not go over 50C with My hyper 212+ with blend and all cores at 100% run 48-51usually 48-50 though most time. Do these settings seem good and the temps?
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2181591
My other worry is that even though CPU-Z shows 3.86GHz, Windows is showing 3.50. I think this might be due to the fact that this CPU is black addition and I have put the multiplier to 17.5X but windows only looks at the bus speed and such so its seing only 3.50GHz? Heres a picture:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/weip.png/

Also I have forgot to disable C1E and Cool N' Quite after I put it back to default to try again before this but since prime 95 is running it should not be affected right? I will disable now and then start P95 again!

Also I do not see any errors on P95. Are they easy to spot if one comes up?
a c 789 à CPUs
a c 302 À AMD
January 4, 2012 8:04:20 PM

It looks good to me! You would see the errors easy!
January 4, 2012 8:31:40 PM

rolli59 said:
It looks good to me! You would see the errors easy!

I have kept testing it for nearly 2 more hrs and it hit 52C but very breifly. Been sitting at 49/50C and sometimes 51C after nearly 4hrs at 100% load on all 4 cores (with a short pause at 2hrs because I forgot to turn off Cool N quite and C1E. Was I right about the 3.5ghz in windows thing?

Also. I will run this for like 1-11/2 more hrs and if its stable I will try games then this weekend if its still stable when I try games and such I will Stress it for 8-12hrs to be sure! Thanks man! Is it fine to run it overnight with prime95?
Related resources

Best solution

a c 789 à CPUs
a c 302 À AMD
January 4, 2012 8:54:11 PM

I am not sure about the WEI score but it might just look at the CPU info times the multiplier so you are probably right since I belief cpu-Z. Those are great Prime temps and with those should run fine overnight!
January 4, 2012 9:16:52 PM

rolli59 said:
I am not sure about the WEI score but it might just look at the CPU info times the multiplier so you are probably right since I belief cpu-Z. Those are great Prime temps and with those should run fine overnight!

So leaving it on for 8-12hrs to make sure its stable is okay. Its winter now so in summer it will run a bit hotter because it gets hot here but it should be fine! Thanks for being such a help to me :) 
a c 789 à CPUs
a c 302 À AMD
January 4, 2012 9:20:04 PM

The load you see under prime is something you will never see in normal use. Stable for 3-4hrs would be enough for me to proof stability!
January 4, 2012 11:06:51 PM

rolli59 said:
The load you see under prime is something you will never see in normal use. Stable for 3-4hrs would be enough for me to proof stability!

Thanks man. Best answer award coming your way!
January 4, 2012 11:07:23 PM

Best answer selected by wheelzz.
January 4, 2012 11:34:17 PM

rolli59 said:

That WEI is just based of the lowest score and that is always the HDD and it always scores 5.9
January 4, 2012 11:35:56 PM

wheelzz said:
I am over clocking my AMD 955 3.2ghz BE(3.2ghz is stock) and after slowly increasing bus and multiplier I have come up with these settings and I was wondering what you guys think? The thing that im wondering its that my voltage seems lower then pretty much all of the 3.8ghz OC I have seen. Maybe thats just because I have a good motherboard.

Here is the CPU-Z thing showing all the settings. NOTE: All of these were done in the bios. I have been running the prime95 for nearly 2 hrs (and most likely 2-4hrs more min) and do not go over 50C with My hyper 212+ with blend and all cores at 100% run 48-51usually 48-50 though most time. Do these settings seem good and the temps?
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2181591
My other worry is that even though CPU-Z shows 3.86GHz, Windows is showing 3.50. I think this might be due to the fact that this CPU is black addition and I have put the multiplier to 17.5X but windows only looks at the bus speed and such so its seing only 3.50GHz? Heres a picture:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/weip.png/

Also I have forgot to disable C1E and Cool N' Quite after I put it back to default to try again before this but since prime 95 is running it should not be affected right? I will disable now and then start P95 again!

Also I do not see any errors on P95. Are they easy to spot if one comes up?

Cool I cant seem to get my Phenom II x4 B55 past 3.7ghz using the multiplier and i have the same cooler as you to.
January 5, 2012 12:19:48 AM

Headspin_69 said:
That WEI is just based of the lowest score and that is always the HDD and it always scores 5.9

Never say always... My HDD WEI score is @ 7.9
!