Which TV-card for W2K ?

G

Does anyone have REAL experience with a TV card under W2K ? In Toms article it is said that e.g. Studio PCTV should work but who really knows ?

THX

G

I have Hauppauge wintv ("nicam stereo with FM radio") installed. it works well with the NT4 drivers in win2k, but they also have newer drivers on their site. Recording video wouldn't work, but i have had no time to figger out why it doesn't. (my system freezes in win98 after 1 or 2 min of recording)

Celeron 566@850, 128 MB, MSI 6163 pro2, V770, TV-card

Hobbit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Quote from the Hipix sale site below. I dont think this is a viable solution for most of us.

"Please note that over-the-air high-definition broadcast signal is required in your area to work with the HiPix DTV-200. Purchase requirement of this product requires that the user check his Digital/HD reception. Please follow the guidelines prior to purchase as no exceptions will be made on the 20% restocking/return fee once the order is processed"

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hobbit- thank you for the good and relavent post. I hope to see a lot more from you like this.

Josh

"Are you saying that I can dodge bullets?"

G

Basusu,

Before I upgraded, I had the Pinnacle PCTV PCI and the TV-viewing program worked fine in W2k, but the included video-editing software did not(in W2k). A good resource for this card is available at the Pinnacle website at:

http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com/read_forums.asp?WebboardID=1&SectionID=13&ProductID=306&SubDocTypesID=76

If the link doesn't work, go to www.pinnaclesys.com and check out the product page for the Studio PCTV PCI. There is a link to a discussion forum and you should find the info that you need.

As for the HiPix, Win2000 drivers are in development and should be available soon (according to the site).

Receiving high definition in SoCal is widely available on a few channels.