M2n32 sli deluxe phenom x4 965t

cdenizard

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Hi!!!

I have seen that Phenom II 965BE works fine with m2n32 sli deluxe. I have bought a Phenom II 965T. I flashed my bios to 5002 and tried to start the new processor. Nothing happened. No sound, beep, alarm, num lock, nothing at all.
When I change back my old processor, it works fine.

Is the conclusion that the T version doesnt work with m2n32 sli deluxe? Or, am I forgetting something? Or maybe, could it be a processor failure?

Could anybody give me a clue?

Thanks a lot.

BR.

cdenizard

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Geek, you are right of course. I wouldnt do as well, but in my case, I would like to guarantee some more life to my system instead to change everything right now. And I found I resonably costless solution buying only the processor now. I have seen many posts talking about the compatibility of processors beyond 940 (not in Asus list) but that works with Nvidia software update. So I decided to try. Unfortunately my results were worst than expect, but I have assumed the risks... I knew something could go wrong, but all facts pointed that the chances were at my side... I believe that the "BE" version of the processor works fine, mine is "T" (construction method) and I didnt realize it before buy, I have made a mistake. So I decided to post here to see if anybody succeeded trying the same combo that I have.

BR.