PSU Selection

Hello,

Looking for advice on PSU for system build:

Intel Core i7 - 2600K
Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Patriot Division 2 DDR3/1600 4 gig sticks
(2) XFX Radeon 6970 2GB
120 GB Corsair Force GT

Trying to choose between Antec 900 HCG or Corsair 750?

Thanks.
15 answers Last reply
More about selection
  1. The Antec, it got great reviews and will give you some headroom! http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=211
  2. either will do the job
  3. You didn't mention which model Corsair 750...different models are made by different manufacturers.

    Do you plan to get a second 6970 at some point?

    This is the best deal going. Made by Seasonic. Good enough for 2 6970's.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207011

    $89.99 after rebate. 5yr warranty. One huge 70a rail.
  4. He has 2 listed!
  5. xfx has the biggest issue of heatness.
  6. Yes I am running 2 GPU's.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I am leaning toward the Antec 900w
  7. xtreme5 said:
    xfx has the biggest issue of heatness.


    they also have a "clicking noise" issue with their fans
  8. I can still return them, what would you recommend?
  9. The Antec HCG are decent, made by Delta. Only 3yr warranty though.
  10. xtreme5 said:
    xfx has the biggest issue of heatness.

    If it has 80Plus Bronz cert than heat output is not an issue with this PSU.
  11. I would suggest a quality 850W+ .
    Some misinformation on this thread.
    XFX units do not have heat or clicking issues = some units had fan clicking when the original models were introduced 3yrs ago - not even the same series anymore
    Antec HCG series have a 5yr warranty.
  12. Headspin_69 said:
    If it has 80Plus Bronz cert than heat output is not an issue with this PSU.



    tanaw said:
    Hello,

    Looking for advice on PSU for system build:

    Intel Core i7 - 2600K
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Patriot Division 2 DDR3/1600 4 gig sticks
    (2) XFX Radeon 6970 2GB
    120 GB Corsair Force GT

    Trying to choose between Antec 900 HCG or Corsair 750?

    Thanks.


    xtreme5 said:
    xfx has the biggest issue of heatness.


    No mention of an XFX psu.
    Ah, I see GA mentioned one sorry
  13. davcon said:
    I would suggest a quality 850W+ .
    Some misinformation on this thread.
    XFX units do not have heat or clicking issues = some units had fan clicking when the original models were introduced 3yrs ago - not even the same series anymore
    Antec HCG series have a 5yr warranty.


    I agree. However at least according toNewegg, some of the HCG's are only 3yr warranty, could be a mistake on Newegg's part.
  14. Antec's website confirms that only the HCG-900 and HCG-750 have the AQ5 Antec Quality 5 year limited warranty on parts and labor.

    The HCG-400, HCG-520 and HCG-620 have the AQ3 Antec Quality 3 year limited warranty on parts and labor.
  15. Yup
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product