DarkSolstice

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
I recently finished building a new pc, and I'm already having problems. Upon powering on, the fans and lights will start then immediately stop. A second afterwards, they will start up again and stay on. Everything appears to be running; HDD is spinning, CPU and case fans are spinning, lights are on, etc.
However, I get no beeps whatsoever and no video will appear when a display is connected.
What could possibly be causing this?

P8Z68-V Asus motherboard
EVGA GTX570 GPU
Intel i7-2600k processor
Ripjaws 2x4gb ram
Corsair 700W PSU

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Common problem with the ASUS motherboard. I had the same thing myself. It seems to start happening after you use the "automatic over-clock" feature.

There was a few things I found on the web to solve the problem, I did all three, but i'm unsure specifically which of the three solved it.

It seems to be due to the BCLK - when using auto over-clock this pushes the BCLK past 100 to about 103. This seems to be the cause of the double boot. Drop the BCLK back to 100 and you should see problem solved. (This can be done in the ASUS AI Suite I seem to remember, if not then in the BIOS).

If not the other thing I did was disable the JMicron Controller and the Marvel Controller within the BIOS, although I have a feeling this didn't solve my issue at all and it was all down to the BCLK frequency.

---------------
EDIT:

Just found this when having a quick Google, might work better than what I listed above:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?265454-ASUS-P8P67-series-Double-POST-at-Cold-Boot-Fix

DarkSolstice

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
4 and 24 are plugged in.
Standoffs are under the mobo.
The GPU is seated and has the appropriate power supply to it.
I have tried booting with one stick of RAM.
I have tried multiple RAM slots.
The CPU is seated correctly.
The aftermarket fan is installed correctly.
All touching of inner parts handled with grounding wires.
Don't know about the speaker, as I don't think I found the wires for it.
PSU is on, obviously.
I am unaware if the mobo will support my 2600k out of the box. This problem came to my mind, it may be it.
My PSU is easily above what is necessary.
I have not yet removed the mobo and done a minimal cardboard boot.

And my computer has not yet successfully booted... ever. It would not work after the build.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished

I thought that's what I said, re-worded my post to make it a little clearer :)

DarkSolstice

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Yes, both 6 pins are in the 570. I don't BELIEVE the 570 is the problem, as the fans are running smoothly on it. However, would it be possible that the motherboard doesn't recognize the GPU since it is relatively new?

I'm taking it in to Memory Express today, if they can't figure it out then I will supply some pics. Thanks for the help if they figure it out :)