Sign in with
Your question

BSoDs on my new computer that prevent me from installing windows.

Last response: in Motherboards
October 27, 2012 3:16:30 PM

So I just built a new computer with parts I ordered off of newegg. I tried to install windows onto my ssd but I kept getting errors preventing me from installing it. I finally got it to install at one point but I kept getting memory related BSODs so I couldn't do anything. I tried booting off of memtest and I ran it for about 10 passes but it didn't come up with any errors. I then tried installing it on the hdd instead to see if it was something wrong with the ssd. The instalation got much farther than the ssd and on the second try it installed, but I still got blue screens. I don't remember all of them exactly but some were Memory_Management, irql_not_less_or_equal, another one said something about a data pool, and then another about something being wrong with the driver. I would give more specifics such as stop codes, but the screens just pass by too fast for me to read. I've been told you can check what the errors were by going to something in the control panel but I can't actually log into windows so I can't check that. Is there something wrong with the motherboard, or the ssd? Due to memory errors I thought it was the RAM but memtest says there aren't any errors so I have no idea what to do.

On a side note I wasn't really sure what category to put this problem into because I'm not sure what part has the actual problem. Last time I tried to post the problem it just got deleted for being in the wrong thread.
a b V Motherboard
October 27, 2012 3:35:38 PM

sounds like the ram isnt playing nice with the mobo
m
l
October 27, 2012 4:31:19 PM

neon neophyte said:

So would that be that the ram slots on the mobo are defective, or that the two are uncompatible for some reason?
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 27, 2012 4:37:04 PM

When asking for advice on a new build, it helps to list the computer specs so that compatibility issues can be ruled out.
m
l
October 27, 2012 5:20:47 PM

Max Collodi said:
When asking for advice on a new build, it helps to list the computer specs so that compatibility issues can be ruled out.

Right, sorry.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+
Ssd: Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB
Hdd: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

Any other stuff you need to know?
m
l
October 27, 2012 8:36:49 PM

neon neophyte said:

Yeah I ran memtest yet again and still no problems. Shouold I jsut assume its the motherboard and reutrn it?
m
l
!