Very high i7 Temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamo123

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Hello everyone,

I just picked up an i7 2600, and i have an corsair h60 heatsink/cooler. I have been having some serious problems with it. When I boot up my PC the temperature raises from 50C up to about 90C in literally five to ten minutes and then my desktop auto shuts down. I've tried clocking my cpu to a lower setting but that did not seem to do the trick. I also have re-applied thermal paste numerous times to my cpu. What can I do to fix this problem and be able to game and go on my desktop?

Solution

The first thing I would do is check to make sure the heatsink/water block it seated right. After that I would wipe off the old thermal paste and re-apply. Also what software are you using to monitor the temps?

EDIT-One more thing make...

The first thing I would do is check to make sure the heatsink/water block it seated right. After that I would wipe off the old thermal paste and re-apply. Also what software are you using to monitor the temps?

EDIT-One more thing make sure the Corsair pump is working right. I have see similar post on the Corsair forums and sometimes the pump is DOA from the start causing the CPU to overheat.

Solution

jamo123

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
LOL i plugged the water blocks pin port on the wrong socket on my motherboard now it works, I can hear the water flowing, and everything works perfectly. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.