Sign in with
Your question

Is ASRock Z77 Pro 3 a good go?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 27, 2012 4:27:18 PM

this is the cheapest z77 motherboard i have found so is it reliable..

More about : asrock z77 pro good

October 27, 2012 5:04:31 PM

What do you want out of it is the more important question...

It can do CPU overclocking but it won't be very useful for SLI or Crossfire...

If you are looking for a cheap motherboard with a pcie 3.0 slot and 3rd gen intel processors support... you can get the same set of features in B75 motherboards or H77 motherboards...

If you want CPU overclocking and only that... then this board should be sufficient...

I would spend a few extra bucks and buy an Asrock Extreme 4...

But let me know ur config or intended config so that I can know a bit more...
m
l
October 28, 2012 4:49:20 AM

2150021,2,1166452 said:
What do you want out of it is the more important question...

It can do CPU overclocking but it won't be very useful for SLI or Crossfire...

If you are looking for a cheap motherboard with a pcie 3.0 slot and 3rd gen intel processors support... you can get the same set of features in B75 motherboards or H77 motherboards...

If you want CPU overclocking and only that... then this board should be sufficient...

I would spend a few extra bucks and buy an Asrock Extreme 4...

i'm actually very confused whether to buy k series processor or even if i buy i could only overclock to max of 4-4.2ghz with my ambient temps.the k series processor itself 75$ higher than a normal one in my area than i should buy a cooler which is 25$ atleast then i should buy a good case which adds up to totally nearlly 100$ to get a performance increase of 20% is it really worth?
m
l
Related resources
October 29, 2012 6:59:46 AM

For me, overclocking is fun... so I would definitely think that the extra $100 - 200 is worth it...

But if you are not a power user... (Power user = VM's + Photoshop large files + video editing)... then you have no need to go for K - series...

In fact if you are a normal user who just games & has 20 tabs of Firefox/Chrome... then an i3 - 3220 will be a very good option... But a couple of years from now... you may feel it to be underpowered...

So my advice would be to go for the best CPU which is in ur budget... (an i5 - 3450 for example)... buy the asrock z77 pro3... and in the future if you feel the need to overclock... then just swap out for a K - series.

But if it is gaming you are after... then go for an extreme 4 or extreme 6... and later when u feel like it u can add a gfx card in SLI/Crossfire... the Pro 3 isn't exactly cut out for multi card configs...
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 29, 2012 7:02:28 AM

The VRM cooling on that board is terribad....
m
l
October 29, 2012 11:41:51 AM

amuffin said:
The VRM cooling on that board is terribad....

if i overclock from 3.3ghz to 4ghz how much performance increase will i get?
m
l
October 29, 2012 1:15:26 PM

Well... I just found out that the Pro3 may not be good for CPU overclocking as well...

It uses a 4 + 1 power phase design as opposed to the extreme 4's 8 + 2 power phase design...

(eliminating all tech - speak, 4 + 1 power phase = 4 phases of power to CPU + 1 phase to RAM)

So for good stable overclocking, asrock extreme4 would be better...
m
l
October 29, 2012 2:51:05 PM

getbacktosrinu said:
Well... I just found out that the Pro3 may not be good for CPU overclocking as well...

It uses a 4 + 1 power phase design as opposed to the extreme 4's 8 + 2 power phase design...

(eliminating all tech - speak, 4 + 1 power phase = 4 phases of power to CPU + 1 phase to RAM)

So for good stable overclocking, asrock extreme4 would be better...

if i overclock a cire i5 3570 3.4ghz to 4ghz how many percent performance gain will i get
m
l
November 1, 2012 6:34:40 PM

My Asrock extreme4 came DOA. They don't seem to have the best quality control.
If you do go with asrock make sure you take special care to note how that cpu socket cover comes off so that you can put it back on when it's to RMA. It's a pin mangler.
m
l
November 2, 2012 3:44:40 AM

Lothar said:
My Asrock extreme4 came DOA. They don't seem to have the best quality control.
If you do go with asrock make sure you take special care to note how that cpu socket cover comes off so that you can put it back on when it's to RMA. It's a pin mangler.

ok i will not be going to asrock at any costs i will wait and buy a better board
m
l
!