Blackwidow ultimate problems

MattL3

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
My blackwidow ultimate keyboard that I bought from an ebay seller came today and one of the keys (left shift key) was not working. The seller of the keyboard offered a refund of 30 dollars for the broken key. I was wondering if the warranty with razer would work since i didnt buy it from razer? If anyone have encountered a problem like this with their keyboard, please let me lnow if there is an easy fix. Thanks.

G

I think you can buy switches for the keys seperately. The black widow ultimate is a mechanical keyboard so each key has a switch underneath. You should be able to remove the key topcasething and take out the switch underneath and 'switch';) it with a new switch.

It shouldn't matter who you bought it from regarding warranty coverage.
Submit a ticket to Razer regarding your issue.
As long as you have a proof of purchase(receipt) and s/n you're fine.
I've encountered plenty of problems with Razer products and will never purchase them again = until they improve quality control and reliability

MattL3

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Wow this site is amazing, you guys answer my question so fast. But I hope you guys are right. Hopefully we can do what you say bear95.

How sure are you about this because this will void the warranty.

allbaitron

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
I agree to davcon. the warranty with razer would work. Meanwhilem, I heard this new mechanical keyboard from Razer is clicky and attractive. But some functions are not so good, and the layout and design is not convenient, Actually it is thought as a “don’t buy”, really?

G

The only problem is your broken key is the shift key. The special keys are harder to do. Its not as simple as qwertyuipasdfghjk;zxcvbnm,./ because there are bars and stuff. But with caution and carefulness you can do it without breaking anything. The qwertyuiopasdfghjk;zxcvbnm,. keys only require direct pulling up. The shift,tab,space, etc keys require maneuvers. I think there might be instructions on the razer website, if not there are youtube videos where people show step by step steps on how to do so.

G

Still a decent keyboard for the price. Especially if he got it off ebay(for a good price?) and the only big problem being a broken shift key.

popatim

Titan
like Davcon I have not had good results with my Razor keybds and have returned them for refunds. I tried a steele series but want happy with the bd at all just from the layout of the keys. I have a 15yr old logitech that l will cry for when it dies... and then breakout the spare I bought 14 years ago. LoL.

G

I'm currently using a $100 rosewill keyboard. Plain no feature keyboard. Was about to go blackwindow but felt kind of cheap. Was about to go steel series but than i didn't because of the shift key. Rosewill was ok to me but unfortunately it won't last long cause I go crazy on the cookies(i'm not fat) when I'm starcrafting so it will crunch and die eventually.

MattL3

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
The keyboard for some reason doesnt feel sturdy at and some keys (the s key) make a weird sound when pressed on. Maybe I just ordered a piece of crap. Maybe ebay isnt the place to buy because my g500 mouse (ordered from ebay also) that arrived last week had already stopped tracking. Or maybe it's just my luck??

G

It ebay. not your luck :/

MattL3

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Razer support just emailed me saying that ebay is not a valid seller so the warranty wouldnt work. Looks like im stuck with a keyboard without one of the shift keys.

proud2basig

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013

Make sure you check synapse 2.0. You may have bound one of your keys by mistake with the {F9} button. I made this mistake and thought it was the software and uninstalled. When I uninstalled, it worked. Upon re-installing it stopped working again. I figured out I had bound my 'G' key to some useless macro. Works fine now. gggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

Hope that helps