lots of Bomberman info needed

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-saturn,rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

I have a bunch of questions (okay maybe just a few actually) on the
Bomberman video games.

First off, is anyone familar with both Saturn Bomberman (aka Bomberman
SS) and Neo Bomberman on NEO-GEO (MVS only, no AES cart, no CD). how
do the graphical styles compare? if similar, which is better? I know
Saturn is much more capable in 2D than Neo-Geo (color, sprites,
effects) but that doesn't mean much when comparing specific games that
may not be pushing the hardware. So which game is more fun and what
would you recommend getting? I've played the ROM of Neo Bomberman in
emulation, but never seen Saturn Bomberman.

what is better Saturn Bomberman or Bomberman Online for Dreamcast?

what about Saturn Bomberman Fight and Saturn Bomberman Wars, good to
get?

Second major question, as far back as 1999, there were at least over
40 Bomberman games, or games featuring the Bomberman character. by now
there's got to be a few dozen more. Is there a definitive list of
every Bomberman game made? .... (not bm ripoffs) I mean both the
classic style of game as well as any game featuring Bomberman,
spin-off games, etc. meaning offical Hudson games, or games licenced
by Hudson (i.e. Irem had a few bm coin-op arcade games)..

please excuse the massive cross-post, I felt I needed to do that in
order get maximum response. thanks in advance :)

GigaVid wrote:

> I have a bunch of questions (okay maybe just a few actually) on the
> Bomberman video games.
>
> First off, is anyone familar with both Saturn Bomberman (aka Bomberman
> SS) and Neo Bomberman on NEO-GEO (MVS only, no AES cart, no CD). how
> do the graphical styles compare? if similar, which is better? I know
> Saturn is much more capable in 2D than Neo-Geo (color, sprites,
> effects) but that doesn't mean much when comparing specific games that
> may not be pushing the hardware. So which game is more fun and what
> would you recommend getting? I've played the ROM of Neo Bomberman in
> emulation, but never seen Saturn Bomberman.
>
> what is better Saturn Bomberman or Bomberman Online for Dreamcast?
>
> what about Saturn Bomberman Fight and Saturn Bomberman Wars, good to
> get?
>
> Second major question, as far back as 1999, there were at least over
> 40 Bomberman games, or games featuring the Bomberman character. by now
> there's got to be a few dozen more. Is there a definitive list of
> every Bomberman game made? .... (not bm ripoffs) I mean both the
> classic style of game as well as any game featuring Bomberman,
> spin-off games, etc. meaning offical Hudson games, or games licenced
> by Hudson (i.e. Irem had a few bm coin-op arcade games)..
>
> please excuse the massive cross-post, I felt I needed to do that in
> order get maximum response. thanks in advance :)

Ted made an excellent post on pretty much every Bomberman out there over
in alt.games.neo-geo, may want to check it out via Google Groups. I
believe it's under a thread called "The N's...".

Bel

--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
or http://users2.ev1.net/~belpowerslave/

"Talk about a bad neighborhood! The cats are so tough, they wear brass
paws. Thank you."
- Blue Mary, Fatal Fury 3

BelPowerslave <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message news:<40AD0A05.E87AF1E9@ev1.net>...
> GigaVid wrote:
>
> > I have a bunch of questions (okay maybe just a few actually) on the
> > Bomberman video games.
> >
> > First off, is anyone familar with both Saturn Bomberman (aka Bomberman
> > SS) and Neo Bomberman on NEO-GEO (MVS only, no AES cart, no CD). how
> > do the graphical styles compare? if similar, which is better? I know
> > Saturn is much more capable in 2D than Neo-Geo (color, sprites,
> > effects) but that doesn't mean much when comparing specific games that
> > may not be pushing the hardware. So which game is more fun and what
> > would you recommend getting? I've played the ROM of Neo Bomberman in
> > emulation, but never seen Saturn Bomberman.
> >
> > what is better Saturn Bomberman or Bomberman Online for Dreamcast?
> >
> > what about Saturn Bomberman Fight and Saturn Bomberman Wars, good to
> > get?
> >
> > Second major question, as far back as 1999, there were at least over
> > 40 Bomberman games, or games featuring the Bomberman character. by now
> > there's got to be a few dozen more. Is there a definitive list of
> > every Bomberman game made? .... (not bm ripoffs) I mean both the
> > classic style of game as well as any game featuring Bomberman,
> > spin-off games, etc. meaning offical Hudson games, or games licenced
> > by Hudson (i.e. Irem had a few bm coin-op arcade games)..
> >
> > please excuse the massive cross-post, I felt I needed to do that in
> > order get maximum response. thanks in advance :)
>
> Ted made an excellent post on pretty much every Bomberman out there over
> in alt.games.neo-geo, may want to check it out via Google Groups. I
> believe it's under a thread called "The N's...".
>
> Bel

thanks Bel - I checked out that post you suggested - very good read.

TRENDING THREADS