PCI E 3.0 AMD AM3+

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Hello,

So I'm looking building a new system, and let me get this out of the way right now I'm going with a new AMD FX-8320 Vishera CPU for many personal reasons one being I grew up with AMD and want to support them , I do allot of work with applications that can handle all the threads I wanna play around with overclocking it and so forth so "Ewww AMD sucks or Ivy bridge FTW" comments wont be helpful. Here is my problem I'm looking around for a FX990 chip set board with PCI E 3.0 and I cant find one does that chipset not support 3.0? and if that is the case how much future proofing am I losing here. I'm going to be running a Radeon 7950 and the card I'm geting is 3.0 is there any articles on performance loss?

I apologize for grammar and formatting, in a hurry and wanted to give the community as much time to look at it as possible since I NEED to buy by midnight tonight due to discounts/rebates

Solution
D
No PCI-E 3.0 on AMD yet. No current cards even the top end ones truly need it yet although most show very small ( a few FPS at best ) performance gains by using it.
D

Deleted member 217926

No PCI-E 3.0 on AMD yet. No current cards even the top end ones truly need it yet although most show very small ( a few FPS at best ) performance gains by using it.

Solution