Computer shutting off and restarting itself during game

Specs :

Corsair TX750 Watt
i5 2500k 3.3ghz Sandy Bridge
MSI P67A-G43 (B3)
Nvidia GTS 250
ADATA Gaming Series 8 Gig (1600mhz)

I have had this problem for a few days, when I'm playing Battlefield 3 5-30 minutes into the game my computer will just turn off randomly and start itself back up with a 1-2 second delay. I have done a memory test with MSI bios and passed mulitple times, and I don't think its the CPU or GPU over heating but Im going to reproduce the problem to get a accurate temp of the CPU after it crashes. Could it be a bad PSU or memory problem?
9 answers Last reply
More about computer shutting restarting game
  1. Could be a number of things.
    Try testing your ram one stick at a time
    http://www.memtest.org/
    Make sure you have the latest gpu drivers.
    Keep us posted.
  2. Use EVGA Precision to get a temperature overlay. That way you can check the temps under heavy load without switching out of the game.

GPU or PSU, I'm thinking. How old is the PSU?
  3. Might be a problem with BF3 itself.

Check this thread out:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/114549-13-battlefield-crashing-minutes-play
  4. My PSU, CPU, RAM and MOBO are all new, im still rocking a old GTS 250 which is being upgraded tomorrow when my EVGA GTX 560 TI comes in. I turned off XMP (Extreme memory Psomething...) because I need it on for my ram to run at 1600mhz instead of 1333mhz. I turned it off and back down to 1333mhz and I played two normal rounds of BF3, and one longggg one without any freezes or shut downs. I heard that BF3 is sort of bad when it comes to overclocked CPU's and RAM so that could be a reason.
  5. Thanks for EVGA precision, been looking for a program like this. During a 64 player server I will get nothing more than 75 celsius. But I get a sort of high usage percentage, 80%+ usually around in the 90's.
  6. your pc is entirely ok it haven't any problem the issue is in the game BF3 there are many people who having this problem so i guess that is the game problem.anyway try to reseat you cpu.
  7. xtreme5 said:
    your pc is entirely ok it haven't any problem the issue is in the game BF3 there are many people who having this problem so i guess that is the game problem.anyway try to reseat you cpu.

I know they are having the freezing issue, I don't think they are having the full system shut off issue. But I am resetting my CPU tomorrow because I bought the Hyper 212+ heatsink/fan so Im installing that and a new GPU tomorrow.
  8. does your video card have a pcie power connector port? If so is it plugged in?
  9. phatbuddha79 said:
    does your video card have a pcie power connector port? If so is it plugged in?

Yes sir it is
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers