AT&T SIM vs Cingular SIM?? Just got a new SX66 for use wit..

I just received my new Siemens SX66 from my Cingular provider. I tried to
upgrade to the 1.33.110 firmware from the Siemens Website and got an invalid
Country ID Error. In Contacting Siemens, they said that I have an AT&T
variant version of the SX66...

So my Question is, since AT&T does not really Exist anymore, will my AT&T
Variant SX66 be supported by Siemens/Cingular?? Should I return the phone
and switch to a Cingular Plan/SIM?

I don't want to be stuck with a phone I cant upgrade or be forced to toss
because they get rid of the AT&T SIM Cards or something...

Thanks,
Scott<-
1 answer Last reply
More about cingular sx66

    If you can make calls it is not the SIM.

    Most likely the upgrade is for a non-us country there are ways around this
    go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/ the SX66 is known as a blue angel
    device in the forum.

    Good luck

    "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
    >I just received my new Siemens SX66 from my Cingular provider. I tried to
    >upgrade to the 1.33.110 firmware from the Siemens Website and got an
    >invalid Country ID Error. In Contacting Siemens, they said that I have an
    >AT&T variant version of the SX66...
    >

    > So my Question is, since AT&T does not really Exist anymore, will my AT&T
    > Variant SX66 be supported by Siemens/Cingular?? Should I return the phone
    > and switch to a Cingular Plan/SIM?
    >
    > I don't want to be stuck with a phone I cant upgrade or be forced to toss
    > because they get rid of the AT&T SIM Cards or something...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Scott<-

Cingular At&T Siemens Internet Service Providers