AT&T SIM vs Cingular SIM?? Just got a new SX66 for use wit..

I just received my new Siemens SX66 from my Cingular provider. I tried to
upgrade to the 1.33.110 firmware from the Siemens Website and got an invalid
Country ID Error. In Contacting Siemens, they said that I have an AT&T
variant version of the SX66...

So my Question is, since AT&T does not really Exist anymore, will my AT&T
Variant SX66 be supported by Siemens/Cingular?? Should I return the phone
and switch to a Cingular Plan/SIM?

I don't want to be stuck with a phone I cant upgrade or be forced to toss
because they get rid of the AT&T SIM Cards or something...

Thanks,
Scott<-

If you can make calls it is not the SIM.

Most likely the upgrade is for a non-us country there are ways around this
go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/ the SX66 is known as a blue angel
device in the forum.

Good luck