Solved

Windows 8 and Easy Settings?

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to run Samsung Easy Settings (the app which controls Fn key funcions, such as brightness and volume adjustment in laptops) under Windows 8 (Pro x64)?

I have a Series 3 notebook, and in the drivers/software section in Samsung Support page for my laptop (NP300E4A-BD2BR), there's no Easy Settings (ES) specific software package for Windows 8, only Windows 7 flavour (both x86 and x64). I can't install Windows 7 ES under 8 because the OS refuses to do so, due to incompatibility, even under Windows 7 compatibility mode or as admin.There's an application for Windows 8 released by Samsung called "SW Update", which is a driver manager and finder, however, there is still no sight of Easy Settings available for download in such app.

Due to lack of ES support in Windows 8, I had to revert back to Windows 7 (which I'm running now) , and still can't use Windows 8 because of this.So, did anyone face the same issue as mine, do you know if there's a workaround or an ES version which I can install on Window 8?Thanks in advance.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows easy settings
  1. Ask Samsung...ONLY THEY will know...

All the best Brett :)
  2. Best answer
    It most definitely is. I have the 17" chronos 7 series with a GT 650M and it works flawlessly.
  3. Hey guys, nevermind.I reinstalled Windows 8 Pro x64 and the Settings package works great now, there were some features missing when I tried for the last time, but it works now.Thanks for the help, I request closing this thread.
  4. Best answer selected by ksio89.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 Windows 8 Samsung