Sign in with
Your question

Updating Bios For The First Time?!!?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 28, 2012 8:55:09 AM

Hi, i need to update my bios on my asus p5w dh deluxe motherboard. I downloaded the ROM file from asus and put in onto C: drive, but when i go on the asus flash2 thing in the bios it won't find any ROM file, confused?

I need to update the bios as my core 2 duo e8400 is only reading at 2GHz in the bios.

Rest of specs:

Core 2 duo 8400 @3GHz
4GB DDR2 333 ram
Nvidia geforce 9400gt 512
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

If anyone could help me, that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

More about : updating bios time

October 28, 2012 9:26:40 AM

Hold on you have 4GB and, a 64 bit OS and your saying you can only see 2GB.
Have you made sure that the memory remapping feature is turned on in the bios to make sure the OS can use it ?. Also check what channel mode the memory is in Dual ect, ganged.
I think the other point is that the 9400gt may be reserving system memory as a texture cache, normally it reserves quiet a chunk that is only reserved for the card to use.
I did a check on its factory memory config, it maxes out at 8gb on a stock bios firmware.
October 28, 2012 9:30:35 AM

weaselman said:
Hold on you have 4GB and, a 64 bit OS and your saying you can only see 2GB.
Have you made sure that the memory remapping feature is turned on in the bios to make sure the OS can use it ?. Also check what channel mode the memory is in Dual ect, ganged.
I think the other point is that the 9400gt may be reserving system memory as a texture cache, normally it reserves quiet a chunk that is only reserved for the card to use.

No, sorry if I made it seem complicated, what I'm saying is my core 2 duo e8400 is only running at 2ghz instead of the 3ghz that it should be.

Any ideas?
!