Sign in with
Your question

Ati 3D Monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 4, 2011 12:47:33 PM

been looking all over the net for a simple 3D monitor that will work with ati radeon 6570 card.
all trying to do is find a monitor for less than 200 that will defiantly work with my ati card, can any one please shed a bit of light for me on what monitor will work? and would nivida glasses work with the monitor and my ati card? or do i need to get iz3d glasses or ones specific to the moniter?, or do any glasses work?
i know i need the software though that's fine, just were can i get monitor that will work and the glasses for it?

Thanks
Thomas

More about : ati monitor

a b C Monitor
August 4, 2011 8:35:27 PM

is it for playing games or watching movie/videos only?
August 5, 2011 8:23:24 AM

more for games though, and maybe the odd movie, as already have a 47 inch lcd tv, so would be watching movies on that more of the time, not really fuzzed about the size of the monitor more the price, decent size and quality for decent price, any ideas on any?

i was looking on ebuyer.com found some on there but with the ati website none of them are listed as supported, don't want to go buy one the it doesn't work with my card

heres link to ones that i had found, but am unsure if they will work

http://www.ebuyer.com/240824-lg-w2363d-pf-lcd-display-t...

http://www.ebuyer.com/164143-samsung-sm2233rz-22-dvi-d-...

any info please

Thanks
Thomas
Related resources
a b C Monitor
August 9, 2011 7:43:07 AM

if you want to play games in stereoscopic 3D i'm sure you're going to need better card than your current one. but for watching videos your card should be suffice
August 9, 2011 11:47:42 AM

Its a 6570 series 2gb, enough for most games, also crossfired with 6670 1gb, so can play pretty much any game i have, so not fussed about that part its the monitor that the problem, dont know which ones will work with amd/ati, As amd/ati having taken a very diffrent and more complex approach to 3d, all i need is a monitor that will work with my ati card and the glasses that will work with the monitor

any one able to shed some light on this please?
a b C Monitor
August 10, 2011 2:59:35 AM

did you have both 6570 and 6670 in your system? AFAIK you need the same series to CF. like 6500 series with another 6500 series. and in CF mixing 2GB and 1GB cards does not equal to have 3GB memory in total. the system will see it as 1GB+1GB = 1GB. as for 3d gaming some people even go for something like 2 GTX580 in SLI even though they only have one 1080p monitor.

you can look here for compatible hardware for AMD HD3D:

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-hd3d/Pa...
August 10, 2011 11:36:15 AM

on amd website on supported crossfire cards,. the 6570 and 6670 are crossfire can crossfire together, am not fussed about the crossfire ability of the card its just trying to get the 3d to work, and i don't want to go for a sli config as i would then have to change my whole set up,

the link for compatible AMD HD3d doesnt included monitors, thats why am having to ask, am searching all over the net but there isnt a lot of info on it, its a very gray patch
August 10, 2011 12:44:45 PM

STHellRaiser said:
on amd website on supported crossfire cards,. the 6570 and 6670 are crossfire can crossfire together, am not fussed about the crossfire ability of the card its just trying to get the 3d to work, and i don't want to go for a sli config as i would then have to change my whole set up,

the link for compatible AMD HD3d doesnt included monitors, thats why am having to ask, am searching all over the net but there isnt a lot of info on it, its a very gray patch

If you go down a bit on AMD HD3D page then you will see the list of monitors (not many though).

I am copy-pasting them here:

Supported 3D Monitors -- Download Driver

Zalman line interleaved
Viewsonic V3D241WM – LED2 -- Download Driver
Acer HS244HQ
Samsung 750 Series
Samsung 950 Series
LG Cinema 3D (D2342P)
a b C Monitor
August 10, 2011 1:16:56 PM

You won't find any sub $200 3d monitors that work with AMD because they have to include there own glasses, and no the Nvidia 3D vision glasses will not work unless you have an Nvidia card. And neither of the monitors you listed from ebuyer.com will work for you.
!