Is the shared memory for a loptop bad thing?

G

Hello : )

I want to buy myself a laptop, but the one I`ve chosen: DELL Inspiron N7110 - Intel Core i5-2410M 2.30GHz/2.90GHz as a CPU and Intel HD Graphics 3000 as a "video card" has 1.5 GB shared memory (for the video). I`m going to use the laptop for programming, database management and algorithm benchmark.

I want to ask you if the shared memory is going to slow down the system?

G

No, I`m not :D

but I can assure you it`s the best for the budget I have. This is the only laptop with this pocessor that falls into the budget. So, if we leave the irony behind, can you tell me if the shared memory is going to slow it down? : )

G

Mhm, thank you : )

And if possible I want to ask one more general question:
As this is my first laptop and I saw that I can play StarCraft II or Crysis 2 with this video card I don`t know if it`s save to play for 2 or 3 hours straight. Is it possible for the processor to get overheated or to melt the plastic?

G

Yes, I understand this.
What I`m asking is if I can play games on it for more than a hour, not worring that something is going to shut down.
Or is it possible for the memory to... get damaged with time. I don`t play games often, maybe once a week.
I know that the last qustion is quite stupid, memory does no get damaged that way, unless it`s with very high frequency maybe, but I want to hear an opinion on it : )