Sign in with
Your question

Zalman Z9

Last response: in Components
January 5, 2012 2:42:28 PM

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying the Zalman Z9 Plus case for a new build I'm starting in the next week or two but apparently it's quite tight to find a heat sink that will fit while still being able to use the side case fans.

Heat sinks I'm looking at for my i5 2500k are Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO or the Corsair A 50.

Anyone got one that has any idea of what will fit or won't?

Thanks for any help or advice

Gordon

More about : zalman

a b ) Power supply
January 5, 2012 3:20:50 PM

That Coolermaster will fit. The case is 207mm W and your cooler dimension is 120 x 80 x 159 mm . 159mm is the high.
a b ) Power supply
January 5, 2012 4:15:34 PM

Tuilalcaron said:
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying the Zalman Z9 Plus case for a new build I'm starting in the next week or two but apparently it's quite tight to find a heat sink that will fit while still being able to use the side case fans.

Heat sinks I'm looking at for my i5 2500k are Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO or the Corsair A 50.

Anyone got one that has any idea of what will fit or won't?

Thanks for any help or advice

Gordon

Both cooler should fit, but personally, I would go with the 212+. I almost bought that case! :) 

Have fun!
Related resources
January 6, 2012 7:13:18 AM

Cheers guys, thought they would be ok but wanted another opinion before I threw money at anything :) 
a b ) Power supply
January 6, 2012 3:05:16 PM

Yup, that is a good thing to do! Have fun with it!
January 7, 2012 9:55:05 PM

I have that case with Hyper TX3 which is just smaller than the 212 and there is still plenty of room. I love the case but have a slight niggle with the side fan making a slight whirring noise probably just abtrait of the stock fans but if you have the same i would really appreciate knowing so.
January 10, 2012 7:42:43 AM

Ryd3r said:
I have that case with Hyper TX3 which is just smaller than the 212 and there is still plenty of room. I love the case but have a slight niggle with the side fan making a slight whirring noise probably just abtrait of the stock fans but if you have the same i would really appreciate knowing so.

Hey dude, I only ordered my case this morning and rest of my build will be ordered on Friday when I get paid but the side fan is apparently a bit of a problem. It's do with the way the fan interacts with the mesh and vibrates against it. If you can get little rubber washers and put those on between the fan and the mesh on the side it should act like a dampener and stop the noise to a large degree from what I've been reading online.

That's what I'm gonna be doing to mine when it comes but I'll keep you posted as to what happens :) 

January 10, 2012 10:10:47 PM

Brilliant mate thankyou. i ordered some and also two resistors to slow the fans just in case. Cant wait to know what you think of the case. always good to have one to share ideas with.
!