Belkin Bluetooth dongle and Ericsson T68 problems

Last response: in Technologies
September 11, 2004 2:52:10 PM

I am trying to persuade windows xp sp2's wireless software to connect my
belkin dongle (which xp sees fine) with my T68, and I seem to have hit an
impass.

As I see it, you either ask the phone to discover the PC, or vice versa.

If I ask the phone, it asks for a passkey (it wont go any further without
one), but the PC doesnt have any knowledge of the passkey, so the connection
fails.

If I do it the other way round, the connection fails because the phone
doesnt have the passkey set up.

Can anyone give me an idiots walkthrough to getting the two to speak?
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 5:08:16 AM

The WinXP SP2 wireless wizzard is for Wifi networks, Bluetooth is different.

As to the passkey the phone is asking for, that's fairly simple, you enable
pairing on the phone, and enable the PC to be found by others devices, then
start pairing on either the PC or the phone, since the phone is asking for a
pairing key, the PC should also ask for the same key, enter two keys which
are the same on both devices. And they should be paired.

!