logging in as "Administrator"?

Hi,
a first post from a newbie, I want to log into winxp as "Administrator",
but I'm unable to work out how to do this. In win2k this was no problem
but in winxp it seems to be a big problem, any help would be much
appreciated.

Roy
8 answers Last reply
More about logging administrator

    Hi Roy

    The Administrator Account should only be used for troubleshooting. Having said that - press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice at the Welcome screen.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:opsbspphhm6wax4u@titan...
    > Hi,
    > a first post from a newbie, I want to log into winxp as "Administrator",
    > but I'm unable to work out how to do this. In win2k this was no problem
    > but in winxp it seems to be a big problem, any help would be much
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Roy

    Hit ctr-alt-del (a few times) at the "welcome" screen - before logging in
    XP.
    Michael
    "Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > a first post from a newbie, I want to log into winxp as "Administrator",
    > but I'm unable to work out how to do this. In win2k this was no problem
    > but in winxp it seems to be a big problem, any help would be much
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Roy

    Twice will suffice!!

    --

    "Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message news:uHQ3cd9cEHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Hit ctr-alt-del (a few times) at the "welcome" screen - before logging in
    > XP.
    > Michael
    > "Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> a first post from a newbie, I want to log into winxp as "Administrator",
    >> but I'm unable to work out how to do this. In win2k this was no problem
    >> but in winxp it seems to be a big problem, any help would be much
    >> appreciated.
    >>
    >> Roy

    twice is "a few" too ??

    :-))

    Twice will suffice!!

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message
    > Hit ctr-alt-del (a few times) at the "welcome" screen - before logging in
    > XP.
    > Michael
    > "Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> a first post from a newbie, I want to log into winxp as "Administrator",
    >> but I'm unable to work out how to do this. In win2k this was no problem
    >> but in winxp it seems to be a big problem, any help would be much
    >> appreciated.
    >>
    >> Roy

    Twice would work if it is your lucky day or if you are a Texas sharp shooter
    :). Depending on how fast the system is, one can miss the exact timing;
    hence, one can start pressing keys a little earlier etc.
    Michael
    "george" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > twice is "a few" too ??
    >
    > :-))

    > Twice will suffice!!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message
    > > Hit ctr-alt-del (a few times) at the "welcome" screen - before logging
    in
    > > XP.
    > > Michael
    > > "Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >> a first post from a newbie, I want to log into winxp as
    "Administrator",
    > >> but I'm unable to work out how to do this. In win2k this was no problem
    > >> but in winxp it seems to be a big problem, any help would be much
    > >> appreciated.
    > >>
    > >> Roy

    Hi

    I did say at the Welcome screen - which doesn't normally move, so hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del twice shouldn't be a problem!! Perhaps I'm missing something??

    --

    "Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message news:%23GN%23fgAdEHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > Twice would work if it is your lucky day or if you are a Texas sharp shooter
    > :). Depending on how fast the system is, one can miss the exact timing;
    > hence, one can start pressing keys a little earlier etc.
    > Michael
    > "george" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> twice is "a few" too ??
    >>
    >> :-))
    >>

    >> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Twice will suffice!!
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message
    >> > Hit ctr-alt-del (a few times) at the "welcome" screen - before logging
    > in
    >> > XP.
    >> > Michael
    >> > "Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
    > "Administrator",

    I have automatically logon, and my machine blazes through the Welcome screen
    in a second or so.
    As for the screen before Welcome - something with "Xp is loading your
    settings" or so, I barely get a glimpse of it and only some times. That's on
    a 3.1GHz machine, ATA100 etc., so it's easy to miss the correct timing.
    Michael
    Hi

    I did say at the Welcome screen - which doesn't normally move, so hitting
    Ctrl-Alt-Del twice shouldn't be a problem!! Perhaps I'm missing something??

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message
    > Twice would work if it is your lucky day or if you are a Texas sharp
    shooter
    > :). Depending on how fast the system is, one can miss the exact timing;
    > hence, one can start pressing keys a little earlier etc.
    > Michael
    > "george" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> twice is "a few" too ??
    >>
    >> :-))
    >>

    >> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Twice will suffice!!
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message
    >> > Hit ctr-alt-del (a few times) at the "welcome" screen - before logging
    > in
    >> > XP.
    >> > Michael
    >> > "Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
    > "Administrator",

    thanks for the help.

    I can relate to the speed issue, my machine flies thru the welcome page
    pretty quickly too and it is hard to get the timing right.

    Roy

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:39:33 -0400, Phillips <afn18721@afn.org> wrote:

    > I have automatically logon, and my machine blazes through the Welcome
    > screen
    > in a second or so.
    > As for the screen before Welcome - something with "Xp is loading your
    > settings" or so, I barely get a glimpse of it and only some times.
    > That's on
    > a 3.1GHz machine, ATA100 etc., so it's easy to miss the correct timing.
    > Michael
    > Hi
    >
    > I did say at the Welcome screen - which doesn't normally move, so hitting
    > Ctrl-Alt-Del twice shouldn't be a problem!! Perhaps I'm missing
    > something??

Configuration Login Microsoft Customization Windows XP