logging in as "Administrator"?

July 28, 2004 2:16:19 AM

Hi,
a first post from a newbie, I want to log into winxp as "Administrator",
but I'm unable to work out how to do this. In win2k this was no problem
but in winxp it seems to be a big problem, any help would be much
appreciated.

Roy

More about : logging administrator

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 2:16:20 AM

Hi Roy

The Administrator Account should only be used for troubleshooting. Having said that - press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice at the Welcome screen.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:o psbspphhm6wax4u@titan...
> Hi,
> a first post from a newbie, I want to log into winxp as "Administrator",
> but I'm unable to work out how to do this. In win2k this was no problem
> but in winxp it seems to be a big problem, any help would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Roy

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 2:16:20 AM

Hit ctr-alt-del (a few times) at the "welcome" screen - before logging in
XP.
Michael
"Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
news:o psbspphhm6wax4u@titan...
> Hi,
> a first post from a newbie, I want to log into winxp as "Administrator",
> but I'm unable to work out how to do this. In win2k this was no problem
> but in winxp it seems to be a big problem, any help would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Roy
July 28, 2004 2:16:21 AM

Twice will suffice!!

--

"Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message news:uHQ3cd9cEHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hit ctr-alt-del (a few times) at the "welcome" screen - before logging in
> XP.
> Michael
> "Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> news:o psbspphhm6wax4u@titan...
>> Hi,
>> a first post from a newbie, I want to log into winxp as "Administrator",
>> but I'm unable to work out how to do this. In win2k this was no problem
>> but in winxp it seems to be a big problem, any help would be much
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Roy

July 28, 2004 2:16:22 AM

twice is "a few" too ??

:-))

Twice will suffice!!

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message
> Hit ctr-alt-del (a few times) at the "welcome" screen - before logging in
> XP.
> Michael
> "Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> news:o psbspphhm6wax4u@titan...
>> Hi,
>> a first post from a newbie, I want to log into winxp as "Administrator",
>> but I'm unable to work out how to do this. In win2k this was no problem
>> but in winxp it seems to be a big problem, any help would be much
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Roy

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 2:16:23 AM

Twice would work if it is your lucky day or if you are a Texas sharp shooter
:) . Depending on how fast the system is, one can miss the exact timing;
hence, one can start pressing keys a little earlier etc.
Michael
"george" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> twice is "a few" too ??
>
> :-))

> Twice will suffice!!
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message
> > Hit ctr-alt-del (a few times) at the "welcome" screen - before logging
in
> > XP.
> > Michael
> > "Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> > news:o psbspphhm6wax4u@titan...
> >> Hi,
> >> a first post from a newbie, I want to log into winxp as
"Administrator",
> >> but I'm unable to work out how to do this. In win2k this was no problem
> >> but in winxp it seems to be a big problem, any help would be much
> >> appreciated.
> >>
> >> Roy

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 2:16:24 AM

Hi

I did say at the Welcome screen - which doesn't normally move, so hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del twice shouldn't be a problem!! Perhaps I'm missing something??

--

"Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message news:%23GN%23fgAdEHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Twice would work if it is your lucky day or if you are a Texas sharp shooter
> :) . Depending on how fast the system is, one can miss the exact timing;
> hence, one can start pressing keys a little earlier etc.
> Michael
> "george" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> twice is "a few" too ??
>>
>> :-))
>>

>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Twice will suffice!!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message
>> > Hit ctr-alt-del (a few times) at the "welcome" screen - before logging
> in
>> > XP.
>> > Michael
>> > "Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
>> > news:o psbspphhm6wax4u@titan...
> "Administrator",

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 2:16:25 AM

I have automatically logon, and my machine blazes through the Welcome screen
in a second or so.
As for the screen before Welcome - something with "Xp is loading your
settings" or so, I barely get a glimpse of it and only some times. That's on
a 3.1GHz machine, ATA100 etc., so it's easy to miss the correct timing.
Michael
Hi

I did say at the Welcome screen - which doesn't normally move, so hitting
Ctrl-Alt-Del twice shouldn't be a problem!! Perhaps I'm missing something??

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message
> Twice would work if it is your lucky day or if you are a Texas sharp
shooter
> :) . Depending on how fast the system is, one can miss the exact timing;
> hence, one can start pressing keys a little earlier etc.
> Michael
> "george" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> twice is "a few" too ??
>>
>> :-))
>>

>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Twice will suffice!!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Phillips" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message
>> > Hit ctr-alt-del (a few times) at the "welcome" screen - before logging
> in
>> > XP.
>> > Michael
>> > "Roy Stannard" <roystannard@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
>> > news:o psbspphhm6wax4u@titan...
> "Administrator",

Anonymous
July 29, 2004 1:12:25 PM

thanks for the help.

I can relate to the speed issue, my machine flies thru the welcome page
pretty quickly too and it is hard to get the timing right.

Roy