Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Gtx
  • Games
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 4, 2011 3:30:00 PM

Hi, i just today received a gtx 570 for my rig, installed fine. Yet when i go to play on any game the screen starts to flicker, the game doesn't slow or lag but the flickering is noticeable and is annoying as hell. Yet i don't know if it is my GFX card or my monitor, as when trying to take screen shots and looking back at them the game seems to be playing perfectly. Which makes me believe it is my monitor, which was working fine on an old card just this morning, but now with my 570 i'm getting this problem.

Monitor is a HP 2159v, resoulation at 1920 x 1080, and refresh rate at 60hz.

I have the latest nvidia drivers installed.

I5 2500k
MSI P67A GD65
Palit Sonic GTX 570
8gb Vengeance
TX850 Corsair PSU

Any help would be appreciated.

More about : gtx 570 screen flickering

August 4, 2011 3:37:34 PM

use your drivers which came with your nvidia cd ..gtx 570 has problem in drivers..so try the older drivers..as ur monitor is 60hz set ur game res to max because if fps is above 60 u will experience flickering in ur monitor as ur monitor handles only upto 60hz
August 4, 2011 4:34:06 PM

Cheers for the advice but it didn't seem to work, still the same flickering, to describe it better though it looks as though while playing a game black bars are flickering down it but they're really feint, but quite noticeable. I could play with them there but it's a nuisance and i know i should have them.

Any other advice appreciated.
August 4, 2011 4:37:13 PM

Im on driver version 275.33 for my 570 if that helps at all
August 4, 2011 4:54:26 PM

FlintIronStagg said:
Im on driver version 275.33 for my 570 if that helps at all

Just updated to this version, still the same issue :/  Seems strange that while using a 8800 earlier i didn't have this issue, now with this card i do. Highly annoying.

Any suggestions?
a c 173 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2011 5:12:29 PM

beastin said:
Just updated to this version, still the same issue :/  Seems strange that while using a 8800 earlier i didn't have this issue, now with this card i do. Highly annoying.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried enabling or disabling V-sync?
August 4, 2011 5:28:33 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Have you tried enabling or disabling V-sync?

Yeah, it made no difference either. Tried adjusting all graphic options, and doesn't do anything. Running out of ideas.
a c 173 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2011 5:31:42 PM

Have you tried the latest beta driver?
a c 173 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2011 5:40:49 PM

Quote:
the latest beta driver 280.19 gave my 480's hell.
275.33 is a great driver.
im thinking it is your monitor.
whats your monitor?

My GTX560's run like a dream on the 280.19 driver and I'm currently soak testing a GTX580 on the same driver with no problems so far.
August 4, 2011 5:42:07 PM

Quote:
the latest beta driver 280.19 gave my 480's hell.
275.33 is a great driver.
im thinking it is your monitor.

Im pretty sure OP posted that he hadnt any issues with his 8800 on the same monitor
August 4, 2011 5:49:49 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Have you tried the latest beta driver?

Just tried this, no luck again. Damn this is annoying, finally finish up my first decent gaming rig, and i get this issue...

Got any more ideas?
a c 173 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2011 5:50:32 PM

Quote:
in crysis i was running fine at 1080p but then i updated to beta drivers and said on my screen cannot display this resolution.
also black ops was rendering slower around 10fps slower.
dunno maybe i was unlucky :p 

Your mobo doesn't have any 'EPU' kind of switches on it does it? Mine does and by default it was in the wrong position and caused no end of head scratching.
August 4, 2011 6:07:30 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Your mobo doesn't have any 'EPU' kind of switches on it does it? Mine does and by default it was in the wrong position and caused no end of head scratching.

No EPU switch. Just an OC genie, reset, and power switch.

May try switching the PCI-E slot the gfx card is in, see if that does anything. This is making me want to run into a wall.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 5, 2011 1:36:53 PM

have u tried playin around in nvidia control panel?
August 5, 2011 5:10:51 PM

Quote:
have u tried playin around in nvidia control panel?

Tried messing around with settings in there, changing them all, made no difference.
August 5, 2011 7:14:40 PM

hi mate what kind of cable are you using??
August 5, 2011 7:24:41 PM

i had exact same problem when i up graded to a 560 ti and it was because i was using a vga cable so i changed to dvi and hey presto no more flickering
August 5, 2011 7:47:54 PM

davemabb1984 said:
i had exact same problem when i up graded to a 560 ti and it was because i was using a vga cable so i changed to dvi and hey presto no more flickering

Hey, i'm currently using a vga cable, with a dvi adapter to the 570. So i don't think that will be the problem?
August 5, 2011 7:51:27 PM

could be a cheap vga cable. mine came with the monitor i spent £25 on a dvi , could be worth a shot ...
August 5, 2011 7:59:21 PM

also with my monitor also being 60hz i had to turn an v sync and triple buffering in the global setting in the nvidia control panel to stop screen tearing, as well as getting the dvi to stop the flickering :) 
August 5, 2011 8:06:26 PM

You know, you may have a point. My monitor is also 60 hz btw. Yet i just tried switching to a 32" screen which i use for console gaming, i'm using a HDMI cable to connect to it, and there seems to be no flickering. Yet i've tried switching the vga cable, and the dvi connector for my normal monitor, with no luck, and one of these dvi connectors came with the card, still may need to buy one and test it though.

Hmm :/ 
August 5, 2011 8:13:56 PM

worth a shot pal , i also though my card was broken and also contected hdmi to my console tv which there was no flickering which led me to belive that cards of good quality need better than vga, the only reason im not using hdmi is that my monitor does not have that port, well good luck pal,let me know how it goes :) 
August 5, 2011 8:31:53 PM

davemabb1984 said:
worth a shot pal , i also though my card was broken and also contected hdmi to my console tv which there was no flickering which led me to belive that cards of good quality need better than vga, the only reason im not using hdmi is that my monitor does not have that port, well good luck pal,let me know how it goes :) 

Haha, same my monitor doesn't have the port, can i just ask you one more question though, is your cable a vga to dvi one? Or DVI to DVI, just wondering as my monitor only has VGA connection, and if yours is the same any chance pointing me to the same cable you bought, since at least i know i'll be buying one which should work.
August 5, 2011 8:39:20 PM

i have a straight dvi /dvi cable i just threw the vga away lol so im in the dvi port on the card into the dvi on the monitor no vga , i got it from comet cant remember the name tho sorry. but look for a similar price range and i dont think you can go wrong , if you live anywhere near me you can borrow mine for a test lol....
August 5, 2011 8:41:49 PM

just read again you only have vga port ...... but if you do live near by your more than welcon to test your system on my monitor
August 5, 2011 9:08:46 PM

davemabb1984 said:
just read again you only have vga port ...... but if you do live near by your more than welcon to test your system on my monitor

Ha, took me like 5 minutes to get VGA and DVI in the right places in my previous post kept mixing them up.
August 5, 2011 9:18:24 PM

yeah were pretty far away i live in south derbyshire . but i think we may have hit the nail on the head with the overall problem so maybe a new monitor is the answer but saying that if you know anyone near by you can test these issues then do that before splashing the cash to be sure, thats if you have any money left after buying a 570 lol...........good luck matey
August 5, 2011 9:22:41 PM

davemabb1984 said:
yeah were pretty far away i live in south derbyshire . but i think we may have hit the nail on the head with the overall problem so maybe a new monitor is the answer but saying that if you know anyone near by you can test these issues then do that before splashing the cash to be sure, thats if you have any money left after buying a 570 lol...........good luck matey

Haha, unfortunately not till next pay day.

Cheers for all the help mate.
!