Sign in with
Your question

Computer won't boot

Last response: in Systems
October 5, 2011 7:01:53 PM

So, I bought all parts for my computer, build it, and tried to run it, but it won't start. I have checked all the wires, cpu placement, Gpu, placement and even RAM placement. IS this problem in my system, or what is going wrong.

Here's my system:
MoBo: Asus Crosshair V Formula
CPU: Amd phenom II x6 1100
PSu: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2
GPU: Evga geforce gtx 580 sc
RAM: 8gb corsair vengeance 14900u
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-U12P se

I would be really grateful, if you could help me to settle this problem.

More about : computer boot

October 5, 2011 8:06:32 PM

when you say "won't boot" do you mean windows isn't starting or the mobo isn't even posting?
October 6, 2011 10:21:20 AM

oh, this might be important thing. Everything's powers are working. Every light lights up. Every fan works... Nothing appears on screen...
Related resources
October 6, 2011 10:27:45 AM

Try removing your GPU and using onboard graphics and see if it goes any further.
October 6, 2011 11:00:18 AM

It doesn't have onboard gpu...
October 6, 2011 11:14:05 AM

And it won't work with my old 8600 gt.
October 6, 2011 1:07:51 PM

Try getting the Crosshair V Formula DRAM Qualified vendor list. You can find it on Asus website, under the support section.
a b B Homebuilt system
October 6, 2011 1:14:27 PM

What is the make and model of your monitor?
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
October 6, 2011 3:08:06 PM

There is a link in my signature to a checklist that was created to troubleshoot this exact problem. Perform every step in the checklist and let us know how it goes.
October 6, 2011 4:28:14 PM

Petrofsky said:
What is the make and model of your monitor?

I don't think the monitor has something to do with his problem. Best way, read carefully shortstuff_mt's checklist.

Asus Formula V is a realy nice mobo, got one with a temporary 1100T (overclocked, till the Bulldozer will eventually be launched :D  ), and some Corsair Dominator GTs. Never had any problems. But you realy need to be carefull with the instalation.

By the way, nice job, shortstuff_mt :) 
a b B Homebuilt system
October 6, 2011 5:05:32 PM

dkraptor said:
I don't think the monitor has something to do with his problem. Best way, read carefully shortstuff_mt's checklist.

Asus Formula V is a realy nice mobo, got one with a temporary 1100T (overclocked, till the Bulldozer will eventually be launched :D  ), and some Corsair Dominator GTs. Never had any problems. But you realy need to be carefull with the instalation.

By the way, nice job, shortstuff_mt :) 

He says the screen is black. I want to find out whether he's made the correct connection to his monitor. But, yes---nice work, shortstuff. I'm sure everybody just skips right over step 1, though.
October 6, 2011 6:36:42 PM

@Petrofsky I agree, that would be def a begginer's mistake, not to check the monitor, or if everything is plugged in. But he said: "I have checked all the wires, cpu placement, Gpu, placement and even RAM placement. IS this problem in my system, or what is going wrong.", he even tested another graphic card on it, so I think he def double checked the monitor, or he used it before. :) 
October 6, 2011 8:14:35 PM

yep. I checked my display. Tried gtx with my old msi motherboard, and it worked perfectly. Btw. I noticed that mobos sound card is a bit crashed. Not much. Can it affect this thing. And for display, i have old 21' monitor. Not a lcd one.
October 6, 2011 8:22:03 PM

One question. On amd boards, do i have to put ram near to cpu, or does it matter?
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
October 6, 2011 9:45:30 PM

The motherboard user manual will tell you which RAM slots to use. According to your user manual they recommend using the red slots first. Check pages 2-5 and 2-6.
October 7, 2011 4:20:41 AM

Ok. Does sound card affect any way to this. Ie if it's broken it won't work.
!