default path for saving & opening

July 27, 2004 12:27:30 PM

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to change the default path when you go to open a file?
It always goes to my docs, which I don't use for most things. I know that
can be overridden in some programs, but the default for the overall system
would be nice to change.

I'd also LOVE to be able to change the 'My Documents' button on the left
side of the 'file open' window to something else - but that's probably
asking too much, right?

I tried to map a drive so that I can at least click the folder I want in a
quick drop down method, but it disappears with every reboot.

Ah well. If anyone here can help with these little but constant annoyances,
I'd SURE appreciate it:)

TIA,
Mary
July 27, 2004 7:37:52 PM

Get the Powertoys for Windows XP at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/... and
specifically get TweakUI.
There is a section on Common DIalogs that lets you changed the icons on the
left side in Open/Close dialogs.

hth

george

!