Sign in with
Your question

Thumping noise when speakers turned on...

Last response: in Components
January 5, 2012 7:23:21 PM

I get a thumping noise (like a thump every second) when I turn the speakers on. It does not increase / decrease with a volume adjustment. I have my Linksys router on top of my sub woofer box (where all of the other speakers plug into). Could the linksys wireless be causing interference?
January 5, 2012 8:14:18 PM

I highly doubt your wireless router can be causing that effect, have you tried moving it to see if it's a problem. How old is your speaker set up? Maybe it's finally giving you a death cry.

Is the thumping coming from your sub, or your speakers?

When did this start happening? Do you remember doing anything before it started happening? Have you tried unplugging everyrthing, and re-plugging it back in?

Also have you tried the speaker system on another computeR?
m
l
January 5, 2012 9:53:50 PM

Does it only thump when you turn your speakers on or is it constant? If it's like my X-140's then it is just powering up and will go away if you plug in headphones.
m
l
Related resources
January 6, 2012 10:00:01 AM

Chainzsaw said:
I highly doubt your wireless router can be causing that effect, have you tried moving it to see if it's a problem. How old is your speaker set up? Maybe it's finally giving you a death cry.

Is the thumping coming from your sub, or your speakers?

When did this start happening? Do you remember doing anything before it started happening? Have you tried unplugging everyrthing, and re-plugging it back in?

Also have you tried the speaker system on another computeR?

This was going on with my old PC too. Didn't try to unplug each lead itself to see if one might be bad.
m
l
January 6, 2012 10:02:07 AM

Engima said:
Does it only thump when you turn your speakers on or is it constant? If it's like my X-140's then it is just powering up and will go away if you plug in headphones.

Constant thumping, it doesn't do it though headphones.
m
l
!