Bluetooth file transfer from laptop to phone ?

Last response: in Technologies
a b D Laptop
September 13, 2004 1:22:22 AM

Hello,
I have a Nokia 6230 and a Billionton Bluetooth USB dongle which I have
configured on my laptop.
When I go to My Bluetooth places and click on My Device, it shows all
the services like bluetooth serial port, file transfer etc. But when I
"Connect" from the phone to the laptop (after they have been paired of
course), the message I get on the laptop system tray icon is
"Phone6230 connected to Headset profile on Laptop1234".
I can choose an image on my phone and send it via BT to the laptop.
But I am unable to transfer anything from the laptop to the phone.
When I click the Phone6230 icon in Entire BT network on the laptop, it
shows an icon that says "Discovering services on Phone6230" and then
shows the icon with the caption "No Services Found on Phone6230".
I have faced the exact same problem with the Nokia 3650 also. So I
think there is something I am doing wrong here.
Is there a problem with the BT Dongle itself? Or is it a configuration
issue ?
Please advise me.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards.