Video not coming through

jacobfazzaro

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
I bought a custom built pc online a couple months ago and just recently decided to upgrade the graphics card from the Intel G33/31 integrated one to my ATI Radeon 9600. I first had some problems getting the card to align with the PCI slot and the case but after some tweaks with the case i got the card to fit into the correct slot. Now my problem is when I power on my pc no picture comes on the monitor and I just get a message that says "Monitor is in power save mode activate using computer". Im not sure why its doing this and i know that the card works because i can get it to work fine in my dell and I know my monitor works because i can also get that to work with my dell. My motherboard for my pc is a MSI G33TM-P21. I would really like to be able to get this to work.

jacobfazzaro

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
What I did to the case was bend the bracket area a bit so it would fit. The card appeared to be seated correctly and wouldn't go in any farther. I noticed that the fan on my card doesn't power on. I don't think it's a power issue although it could be. My PSU is a 450w.

It's probably not seated properly.Also make sure that the fan cables are plugged into the right spot on the card.

I did the same thing with my first PC.The motherboards not actually flush with the backplates so theirs a little gap.When you insert the card you gotta make sure you get the back of it in that gap between the mobo and the backplate and after that it should go in fine.Theirs no reason you should have to alter the case in any way to get it to fit.It's made to fit.When you bend those brackets then the card can't seat and secure properly and it's left dangeling.

Try uploading some pictures is possible,it would make it a whole lot easier.

jacobfazzaro

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
So I Just figured out what my problem is. I just took the bracket off my graphics card and tried putting it in and discovered that my card wasnt in the slot all the way. So now im gonna try and get it in all the way and hopefully that will work!

Don't forget to switch it to use the GPU instead of the intregreated graphics.Go into the BIOS without the GPU and then look for a something that will allow you to set the GPU as the default.You must disable the intregreated.After you've done that shut it down and then insert the card again.