TRYING TO UTILIZE DUAL GRAPHICS

Hello all,
I am new to the PC gaming arena and have just completed my first build. I have an AMD A8 3850, a HD Readeon 6790, and the Asus F1 A75 Pro.

The system seems to run very well. Crysis defaulted to High settings and was very smooth.

However, I do not if I have enable the cross fire that technology that the guy at Fry's said would be available to me without the need of adding a 2nd card.

Can I do this? If so, how?

If it is not an option, should I consider swapping the 6790 with a 6670?

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about trying utilize dual graphics
  1. In ccc there's an option to turn on crossfire but benchmarks show a decrease in performance in most games, probably due to a driver issue so I would leave it off. But you might also want to take a look at the other options available in ccc.

    If you don't know how to get to ccc, right click you desktop>catalyst control center.
  2. k1114 said:
    In ccc there's an option to turn on crossfire but benchmarks show a decrease in performance in most games, probably due to a driver issue so I would leave it off. But you might also want to take a look at the other options available in ccc.

    If you don't know how to get to ccc, right click you desktop>catalyst control center.



    I did not see an option for crossfire in CCC. Does that mean it does not exist for my set-up?
  3. Sorry, ya the 6790 can't have dual graphics. 6670 is the highest but would be a downgrade of course.
  4. k1114 said:
    Sorry, ya the 6790 can't have dual graphics. 6670 is the highest but would be a downgrade of course.



    Thanks. Will I still be able to upgrade to a second card in the future and cross fire them?

    Thanks again for the answers.
  5. You can crossfire the two discrete cards but not 2 discretes+integrated.
  6. I thought you do get a sort of crossfire by adding a discrete card to a new AMD APU. You might want to talk to ASUS or AMD and ask them how to enable your board to use the APU and discrete card together
  7. HMRkingpin said:
    I thought you do get a sort of crossfire by adding a discrete card to a new AMD APU. You might want to talk to ASUS or AMD and ask them how to enable your board to use the APU and discrete card together


    Highest card that can be crossfired with the APU is the 6670. He has a 6790 which cannot be crossfired.
  8. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Graphics & Displays by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics PC gaming