registry editor

I dont want quicktime and clone cd to startup everytime I log on to
windows...if I go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run in
registry editor and delete it...will this do what I want? and will it mess
up anything?

I appreciate anyones time helping me figure this out
Jay
1 answer Last reply
More about registry editor

    Hi

    If you are not sure about manually editing the Registry - what are you doing in there? Use msconfig>startup instead to uncheck those entries. If they are not referenced there, go into the relevant program via settings and disable it starting up with Windows.

    Yes, you could very 'mess something up' and render your PC completely unbootable!!

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Jay" <jayriversremove@cox.net> wrote in message news:x9tNc.13627$fB4.5236@lakeread01...
    >I dont want quicktime and clone cd to startup everytime I log on to
    > windows...if I go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run in
    > registry editor and delete it...will this do what I want? and will it mess
    > up anything?
    >
    > I appreciate anyones time helping me figure this out
    > Jay

Configuration Microsoft Customization Registry Windows XP